C4 VTS Crankshaft sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tommy
Locked user account

Re: C4 VTS Crankshaft sensor

Post by Tommy »

Many thanks for your help Richard.

Diagbox gives me ;

P0336 - Engine speed sensor signal - permanent (From "local", permanent fault, not characterised)
U2000 - Main wake-up fault - intermittent (From "Distant, not characterised)
P1693 - Controlled engine starting and stopping anomaly (From "Local", intermittent fault, not characterised)

The last two could be me messing with battery connections last night while awaiting recovery. The car went into eco-mode and I needed to charge my phone in case Green Flag tried to ring me. Quickest way, as I couldn't start the engine was to disconnect the battery. Naughty me was too annoyed, and didn't have time to do the BSI reset procedure.

The VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

The crank sensor that was removed last week was definitely faulty as it was physically damaged. This one? I don't know. I may remove it this afternoon and check, but there's much dismantling to be done..
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I wouldn't be changing the fuse box on a whim....

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00006500CK FUSE BOX 145.33 GBP 174.40 GBP 174.40 GBP

Suspect your new sensor is kaput - if the original one was damaged I wonder if the new one is too - either the wrong one fitted, or the wrong flywheel has been fitted when the clutch was done and it's chewing the sensor up (or there's supposed to be a spacer ring and it's gone AWOL!)

Your VIN shows 1920EN for the crank sensor, only £13.79 from the dealer.
Richard W
Tommy
Locked user account

Post by Tommy »

Many thanks Richard.

It's being recovered back to the place that did the clutch tomorrow. The chap thinks there is a spacer missing too, though none shows on the parts diagram.
Tommy
Locked user account

Post by Tommy »

It was debris left in the bellhousing from the last clutch job , most likely a clutch cover finger or two, being spun around inside and smashing sensors up.