C5 odd quirks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

C5 odd quirks

Post by MikeT »

Mildly amusing oddities were presented by my car yesterday and today so thought I'd share the fun.

First off, parked up to enjoy a view, engine off, ignition off, radio on. Centre display main is showing mileage info as per my preferred default. When all of a sudden, an overlay page shows with Climate info for a few seconds and dissappears again leaving default mileage display. :shock:

Second oddity today, from a stone cold start and previous climate temperature set to a scorching 24C, I start getting heat out the centre vents within maybe 1000 yards at the most! It took another couple of miles for the temperature to gauge to move off the cold region. I thought these HDI's were slower to warm up than IDI's, seems the opposite is true for mine. 8-)

Thirdly, on today's return journey, start the car, radio turns on (Radio4 news) and I switch to another preset only to be shown all channels returned to default (82.50Mhz I think it was) including the Radio4 preset it had just played! 8-[
dnsey

Re: C5 odd quirks

Post by dnsey »

Chances are your battery is getting past its best. C5s are inclined to do odd things when the voltage is a bit low.
As regards the heater, they have an auxiliary electric heater to get the 'heating' water warm quickly; winter would be pretty austere if you had to wait for the engine to warm up first.