C5 Automatic Headlights & Remote Central Lock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaggygareth

Re: C5 Automatic Headlights & Remote Central Lock

Post by shaggygareth »

elma wrote:I don't think leaving the side lights on will work. You could use one of the sidelight bulbs though. Don't be scared of 12v, you need at least 100v before it wants to bite you.
You ever touched an electrical fence? Or had a carpal tunnel test at hospital? It bites at 12v it just wont do you any harm at all. [emoji3] im not scared of any hurt but i don't have the dexterity to hold a bulb and the leads. That was the reason for saying i am disabled. Im not asking for sympathy, it was just so people understood my limitations

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Citroen C5 2003 VTR Manual Diesel 2.0l Mk1 185,000
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Would this make things any easier?
Or maybe this if the small crocodile clips a bit fiddly.
shaggygareth

Post by shaggygareth »

elma wrote:Would this make things any easier?
Or maybe this if the small crocodile clips a bit fiddly.
Thank you for those suggestions. Surely my multimeter is the same as that? It has continuity checks. But the second looks a good idea

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

The multimeter puts a small current through to test the resistance, I'm not sure it's ideal.
shaggygareth

Post by shaggygareth »

elma wrote:The multimeter puts a small current through to test the resistance, I'm not sure it's ideal.
Ok. Ill see if I can get my eldest to come round and help. If all goes pear shaped at least it'll be amusing to see him jump

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Doesn't have to be a festoon bulb either - that was suggested for the easy access to both terminals.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The problem you are having with the locking not working correctly unless the car is 'awake' will almost certainly be caused by an incorrectly fitted aftermarket radio, just because the radio appears to be working correctly doesn't mean it is fitted correctly. Despite having ISO plugs fitting an aftermarket radio to the C5 is not plug & play. Try disconnecting the radio completely then doing another BSI reset & see if it solves your problem.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Check out this post > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... c3#p440434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's for a C3 but the electrical network is almost identical.
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

I'd similar issues with my C5 not locking unlocking and the lights and replacing the Coms unit sorted it all out ....
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
shaggygareth

Post by shaggygareth »

I think I've confused things. I get that to fit an aftermarket stereo it's not straight forward. I bought the car with one already fitted and on steering controls working. No known fault with headlights or remote locking...I didn't have this problem until I swapped the fan control unit. During which I removed the stereo. What I was asking was, if I've disconnected s wire by accident. Say the red wire. Would I be experiencing these issues. Ps.. after disabling the auto headlights and with these leds flashing quickly... the central locking seems to be OK?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Don't know if this is relevant but having done well over a thousand painless miles over the last couple of weeks, on my way home from work this evening, listening to Mylène Farmer down the A1 the CD player stuttered then stopped, display said "Economy Mode Active", dials displayed nothing, indicators and display on the binnacle flashed irregularly on and off and there was a relay clattering in the passenger footwell.

Car still drove OK but I couldn't close the windows and the aircon controls were dead.

Got home and left the car for half an hour then did the reset procedure with the open window not being an option as the window controls had stopped working with the windows only slightly open - probably just as well as it started raining.

All back to normal after the reset procedure.

Could have been the boot full of Polish beer that triggered the insanity of course :twisted:
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

I'd similar problems with my C5 when the central locking wouldn't work from the key fob and the lights and indicators developed amind of their own... a new Com 2000 unit solved everything
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)