Citroen remembers its heritage?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Re: Citroen remembers its heritage?

Post by wurlycorner »

If true and it bears any fruit, then this is of course, great.

However, they are starting from such a shockingly s**t position (I struggle to think of a manufacturer with worse support) they have an absolutely massive hill to climb. And continuing to bin parts stock runs absolutely counter.

I struggle to understand how this sits/works with their decision that Citroen will become a budget brand made from cheap s**t, which just adds to the scepticism. However, I will be genuinely pleased and supportive if it bears fruit.

Any news in how they will communicate progress? Dedicated web portal maybe? With announcements of newly added items?
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I suggest it's lip service, rendered by highly paid, yet clueless people.

There is not the market globally for anything approaching the equivalent of what companies like Dynacorn offer the muscle car coterie. PSA won't support a technical branch who understand the fine differences between some things which may seem the same to uninformed brass (panel pressing variants, hydraulic system subtle variations), it is a company with a strong focus on making money and if they think it will help sales to say "Oh yeah, we're really looking forward to getting back to our roots" then they'll say it with as much fake sincerity as they can.

Like the fast food outlets and their "healthy" menus, it will be dropped soon as it stops boosting sales.