Faulty Parts from Ebay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Re: Faulty Parts from Ebay

Post by van ordinaire »

I'm curious - what prompted the seller's change of heart?

Another time, check out "carpartsforless": choice of brands, good prices + fast, free delivery.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

More than likely the ebay dispute policy.
If you buy something new from ebay you can open a dispute for up to 12 months.
If the item has failed the buyer invariably will win, the exception on your balljoint would be if it was fitted by a person not competent to do so.
Sellers are often more aware of the policy than buyers and will try it on a little to avoid refunding.
To be honest I think the policies have shifted to be slightly unfair on the seller nowadays which has changed my use of ebay greatly.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

E.Bay is a VERY BAD place for seller these days....you get ripped a lot by spurious complaints and your accounts & banking is controlled by a tax free human-less monster that supports the Luxemburg Government !

Except for maintaining my 100 buyers rep (with awards :)) I do not use it anymore as a "trade account"...WAY to dangerous with EBay locking accounts and Extraction money to a level they decide is suitable....no thanks
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Post by The Ace »

Stickyfinger wrote:E.Bay is a VERY BAD place for seller these days....you get ripped a lot by spurious complaints and your accounts & banking is controlled by a tax free human-less monster that supports the Luxemburg Government !

Except for maintaining my 100 buyers rep (with awards :)) I do not use it anymore as a "trade account"...WAY to dangerous with EBay locking accounts and Extraction money to a level they decide is suitable....no thanks
x2

Just finished posting a small rant on their "Seller Protection Policy" help FAQ, regarding their "protection policy" (what a joke!) from non-paying bidders :evil:

...seller protection my ass, in fact its the seller who is penalised with time-outs, emailing back and forth, wasted time relisting items, when the buyer has zero (ZERO) concequences :evil:
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

With some limitations, GSF now advertise free delivery by their own vans. I ordered a new clutch cable and clip on late-ish last Friday afternoon, the Gloucester depot were very apologetic that they didn't have the clip (I think) in stock, so couldn't deliver in the morning (Saturday). Both delivered free before 10 on Monday morning in their own van.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)