Xantia 2.0 TD not starting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sandysound

Re: Xantia 2.0 TD not starting

Post by sandysound »

It was the blue wire. I ran a cable from the blue wire to the starter solenoid control and now she fires into life :)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Well done, get yourself a job as an auto electrician. :wink:

Peter
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

For future reference:

The voltage of a "12 volt" lead-acid battery varies according to the state of charge. Even though a 12V battery may show as little as 11.5V and still have some life in it, 12.0V is effectively flat. A fully charged battery should read 13.8V. However, the voltage shown is considerably affected by recent charging/discharging. A fully charged battery on charge will read close to 14.4V; disconnect the charger, and the voltage will fall, rapidly at first then progressively more slowly. If no load has been applied, the battery will still show well over the theoretical 13.8V many hours later. A battery hammered by constant cranking will show well under 11V, but the voltage will recover quickly.

Think of a battery as being like a sponge filled container - water (electricity) poured into it will only be absorbed at a certain rate. Similarly, if you suck or drain water out at a single point, water will only flow out at a certain rate. If water is sucked out at a greater rate, the flow stops until the water can percolate through the sponge.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)