Immobiliser Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bbrucez
My Cars:

Immobiliser Fault

Post by bbrucez »

I have had a love-hate relationship with my C5 2.2 HDI ever since I bought it - it's a great car when it goes but a heap of junk when it won't.
The day after I bought it in June 2001 and twice last year, it wouldn't start (from cold).
The first event kept it in the workshops for 2.5 weeks - no paperwork given to me as it was under warranty but they said they fitted a new fuel pump and didn't think it needed priming. I was grudgingly given a courtesy car.
The second 2 events involved an immobiliser fault but they fixed themselves miraculously overnight! I had a clue as soon as I turned the key because the wipers started despite being switched off. I took the car in to get the electronics interrogated a few days after the events and they could find no trace but they said they believed me!
The second time they said they found loose connection so I had hoped I was set for trouble-free motoring from then on.
However, it was not to be – yesterday it happened again and it didn’t fix itself by today. It has now been recovered in to the largest Citroen dealers (so they say) in the country who don’t have a Courtesy Car available for a month!
Any suggestions chaps other than get rid of it and don’t buy Citroen?
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

<center><u><b>UPDATE</b></u></center>
They charged up the battery overnight and hey presto it started!
I was greeted by the annoying remark “If all our cars fixed themselves, we’d be out of a job”. Fat chance of that! The inconvenience & frustration means nothing to them.
This intermittent fault has been happening at approx 3 month intervals so next time it’ll be out of warranty. I think I’ll contact Citroen UK.
I’ve got my eye on a Mazda 6 Sport Diesel.