Xantia Radio Driving Me Mad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Xantia Radio Driving Me Mad

Post by xantia_v6 »

tim leech wrote:cheers chaps, I will change the radio mast, base and check the connection under the seat.

I could retrofit a modern unit but I like the factory look and tbh its a good piece of kit which my ipod connects straight into.
You just need to take Jim's V6, then you will have all the spares you need :-D

I don't think that the antenna cable goes near the seat, IIRC, it just runs from the pillar around the footwell, also I don't think those radios work so well if you replace the antenna base with one lacking the preamplifier.

And as I said before, a poor signal will not cause the radio to change station, so I think you are wasting your time with the antenna.

I can't remember whether the radio will still run if you unplug the connector at the back of the radio which carries the steering wheel controls, if so, that would be a useful test.
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

My solution. Take the car down to the local electronics guy working out of the back of a knackered old van, in the middle of all the wide boy car dealers. Within an hour radio out, problem solved, unit refurbed and back in. £20 for your trouble. Works for me everytime.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re:

Post by Stickyfinger »

Eddie Nuff wrote:My solution. Take the car down to the local electronics guy working out of the back of a knackered old van, in the middle of all the wide boy car dealers. Within an hour radio out, problem solved, unit refurbed and back in. £20 for your trouble. Works for me everytime.
If you like "ScotchBlocks", if not offer an extra £10 upfront for soldered joints, its a good plan as these guys can "sort" most things :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

Nope, all soldered joints, all done properly. That's why he's so busy. (though to look at his van you would never know :wink: )
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Xantia Radio Driving Me Mad

Post by Stickyfinger »

drat I pay to much....I need to find one with a more tatty van :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting