C5 X7. Air-Con

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 X7. Air-Con

Post by vborovic »

DickieG wrote:On a X7 C5 you don't need to remove the bumper to change the condenser as it can be dropped in from above, been there done it :wink:
I hope you didn't literally drop it, but rather gently lowered it ... :D
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Not my problem. Garage took it off and Arnold Clark paid. :-D
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Just to close out this thread. After a fairly comprehensive complaint to Halfords Auto-centres Customer services department I am to be refunded the cost of the original Re-gassing. It was explained that the did the vacuum test for the stipulated time, then as no loss of vacuum was evident, then re-gasses the system and added the new oil.
On the second visit, the leak at the condenser was immediately evident, as dye had been added to the system during the first re-gassing..
All according to the specified procedure I was told.
However, as Halfords Auto-centres give a one year guarantee on their air-con servicing, they will refund the full cost by cheque.
Result.
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Basically, you're having free maintenance the last few months on your car, and you still contemplate letting it go ... :D
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

For the last three years! Very hard to please. :lol:
Rick.