Daylight Running Lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Phatbox

Daylight Running Lights

Post by Phatbox »

Hi All
Am thinking about fitting aftermarket DRL,s to my 2010 C3 Picasso HDI which does not have them currently I have all the bits but as I don,t have a wiring diagram I am having trouble finding an ignition take off under the bonnet. has anybody done this upgrade and if so can they point me in the right direction. Or is it not a good Idea at all.
As always any help or advice gratefully received.

Cheers 8-)
waynedance

Re: Daylight Running Lights

Post by waynedance »

I fitted day time running lights to my 2003 car. I took my feed from the fuse for the fuel pump under the bonnet so they are only on with the engine guess you may have the same.

I bought the wiring gizmo thing of ebay that either dims or switches of the lights at night, I wired this to the head light fuse again under the bonnet so the LEDs dim at night.

I fitted something like this to mine, 3 each side.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-White-1-5W ... 19e37df38e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just look for daytime relay on ebay for the auto switch on or dim feature needed.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
Phatbox

Post by Phatbox »

Waynedance

Thanks for the information gives me a better idea of what I need to do, much appreciated.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Did you ever fit some lights?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
scooby120
New User

Post by scooby120 »

waynedance wrote:I fitted day time running lights to my 2003 car. I took my feed from the fuse for the fuel pump under the bonnet so they are only on with the engine guess you may have the same.

I bought the wiring gizmo thing of ebay that either dims or switches of the lights at night, I wired this to the head light fuse again under the bonnet so the LEDs dim at night.

I fitted something like this to mine, 3 each side.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-White-1-5W ... 19e37df38e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just look for daytime relay on ebay for the auto switch on or dim feature needed.
Hi which fuse is the fuel pump one ?