Hydractive help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Hydractive help

Post by elma »

I've had on going problems with my red car which I just can't get sorted. It seems to be stuck in permanent hard on the front and soft at the back. The back is wallowy and rubbish though, doesn't feel right. The brakes aren't powerful enough either and when bleeding them I think the fluid comes out to slowly. It sinks at the back whilst driving at random times as well, usually many times per journey.
The car has all new spheres, the diode mod and stays in the same state if I borrow the ECU from the green car which works fine. I have checked the lhm returns to the tank and they are all fine except the bottom one which seems to be for the steering so should gush lhm as far as I know. I notice when depressurising the car that it doesn't hiss like the others, makes me wonder about system pressure. I'm not sure where to go now really. Been wondering if making a patch lead to plug the front solenoid on red onto greens ECU would be worthwhile. I figure if it clicks attached to the spare car I don't need to strip it down.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Hydractive help

Post by demag »

If you put your ear by the front or back wheels you should hear the solenoid valves whistling/screeching. If you can't chances are they've failed. I ran my Xm on hydraflush for a few thousand miles after draining the lhm and cleaning the tank filters. It took a long time but slowly the suspension started to soften up. There was a very long thread on the Xm forum about this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.