Malcolm Goldberger AKA Citronut

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Malcolm Goldberger AKA Citronut

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Sending positive thoughts from Wales down to Malcolm, this condition can be beaten.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Latest from Mike;

Had a stable night.

Some of the people on the XM forum expressed a wish to send a get well card, so I checked it would be ok with Claire, and have left a post on the thread on there telling them to pm me for the address.. perhaps you'd like to do the same on the FCF.

"I'm not going to post the address on the forum, but I've had word from Malcolm's daughter - I quote her message

"Hi , I think that would be a really nice idea for dad when he wakes up. You can send them to mine and I'll pass them on. Thanks!"...

If anyone wants the address, drop me an email or PM and I'll give it to you.."

I have not posted the address here, as I don't want it to get spammed.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Due to the fact that I may not be around much for the next fortnight (looking after Royal Ascot again, ninth year so far! then a week to recover) I am asking if a moderator or two would be prepared for me to forward on Malcolms' address, so they can pass it on when PMed (I will not post it up directly, for the reason I have already stated).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

Would it not be better to send just the one card from 'FCF' members collectively. Members could then pm to request their inclusion.
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

I think the more cards a person gets when they are ill the more uplifted they feel, and the cards can be more personal than one collective card.

Juliet
Last edited by Xantia97 on 11 Jun 2015, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Northerner wrote:Would it not be better to send just the one card from 'FCF' members collectively. Members could then pm to request their inclusion.
Makes sense, even just copying across the gist of the messages from members who have posted on this thread would make sense to me, I know from personal experience that you can't have very many get well cards in hospital.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

DickieG wrote:
Northerner wrote:Would it not be better to send just the one card from 'FCF' members collectively. Members could then pm to request their inclusion.
Makes sense, even just copying across the gist of the messages from members who have posted on this thread would make sense to me, I know from personal experience that you can't have very many get well cards in hospital.
That's the main reason I made the suggestion having recently had occasion to visit someone laid up in hospital. There was an embargo on what was allowed regarding cards, flowers, visitors ... that sort of thing. Also, we need to be aware that Malcolm may not be in a position to want to read a host of cards and that, as was my case, someone will normally be reading the cards/card out on our behalf. I appreciate that a lot of cards would be an uplifting event but that is normally a way down the line. I was viewing this as an immediate gesture as of now. We have no real idea of Malcolms longer term prognosis although obviously we all wish him the best in that and a speedy recovery. That's the sort of succinct message i would wish to convey anyways ...
Mike

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I like this idea.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Does the hospital have WIFI ? does he have a means to use it ? when he wakes up he will be powerfully bored, I would rather chip in for something to enable that, than a piece of cardboard, just saying, onward and upward :)
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Latest on Malcolm; "Morning All. Dad has had a stable night again! I think today the Doctor will decide what to do about the dialysis; whether to take him off and see how he does, or keep it going for a bit longer. I won't know this until after the Doctors' rounds. XX".
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Stewart(oily) wrote:Does the hospital have WIFI ? does he have a means to use it ? when he wakes up he will be powerfully bored, I would rather chip in for something to enable that, than a piece of cardboard, just saying, onward and upward :)
Not normally where there is life support equipment, as the signal could disrupt the equipment. I remember doing a call at a branch of Superdrug (based in a hospital) whose hand held stock scanners weren't working. The hospital concerned had fitted jamming devices to prevent radio based equipment from working within the buildings.

I am going to be on holiday for the next two weeks, but I will try to keep this post up-to-date.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

Thanks for that James ... no further bad news is good news indeed. As for wifi... I think that'll be the last thing on Malcolm's mind at the present time. It wouldn't be on my wishlist in the circumstances.
Mike

DS21
My Cars:

Post by DS21 »

Sending positive thoughts to Malcolm for a very speedy recovery.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Another text from Malcolms' Daughter. "Hi All, Arrived at hospital today to find Dad off dialysis! Was a nice surprise, now we have to hope he can manage without it; they will review his blood in the morning. Dad looks a much better colour and the bruising is subsiding.".
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent news!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...