C5 2008 - After the fusebox, its now suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cptnemo14

Re: C5 2008 - After the fusebox, its now suspension

Post by Cptnemo14 »

Yeh thanks very much was goin to do that but maybe get one from 1st choice with a 3 month guarantee and do up the old one for a spare ,just so I not be without a motor too long as we stay in the country ,but thanks for all your help and advice very helpful ,greatly appreciated will let you know outcome soon
Thanks again
Cptnemo =D> =D>
Cptnemo14

Post by Cptnemo14 »

Hi guys
was on last week with suspension problems it was blowing fuses right, left and centre . I decided to give it one more try so I disconnected the battery discharged it with a festoon bulb , then replaced the 40 amp fuse and then the battery , opened the door ,closed it locked it opened it and got in to give the suspension something to think about and wahey it worked , was in and out like a yoyo all night and next day and all was well ,worked like it used to for three or four days ,decided to give the switch a go , went up down and up,down then it blew the fuse , I replaced the fused and it work like a dream and is still doing it's job( touch wood) so I got the switch out and tested it and found a short in it awaiting new one but all is well with the suspension and have come to the conclusion that it was the switch that caused all the bother , nearly cost me a couple of hundred for motor ,so if I was you and have any probs with suspension and fuses etc try the switch first, its far cheaper than a motor (£8 from breakers )so sorry to say stickyfinger you was of the mark on that one have you had anyone else with the same solution
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Previous issues of this nature have always been due to corrosion in the motor or worn to nothing brushes,
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Well well well.....not seen anyone with a switch blowing fuses....but seen many pumps failing and blowing fuses, I am very glad you found it.

I would of hoped you had checked the pump before purchasing a replacement (I would at that price) so that's more luck.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Cptnemo14

Post by Cptnemo14 »

Yeh consider myself very lucky knowing my luck its usually the worst scenario but if it helps others thats good cos it always something else to consider ,thanks for all your help on that subject now I have a slight prob with lights flickering actually thought it was just me blinking but my mte was in the car with me and he saw it as well electric guage is always in the middle so didnt think anything about it could that be the belt slipping or maybe the alternator dying or as usual prob something bigger and dearer any thoughts
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The lights flickering is normal on a C5 and attributed to the suspension pump drawing a large current for a short time, reducing the voltage at the lamps briefly.
Cptnemo14

Post by Cptnemo14 »

Thank god for that I was thinking there goes more money :rofl2: cheers for that thanks for your help now a can go to a barbeque and enjoy myself with a dose o coca cola cos am no allowed alchohol for six months so that would be the icing on the cake [-o< [-o< [-o< =D> =D> =D>