xantia and picasso wheels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davecmusic

xantia and picasso wheels

Post by davecmusic »

I appreciate that this may have been mentioned somewhere before! I have a Xzara Picasso going for scrap or spares. My question is can I take the wheels and tyres from it and use them on the Xantia estate (1999) I have bought as the tyres on it are worn? Plus, would the wheels from the Xantia work fine for the Picasso if the person who buys it decides to put it back on the road? I have compared the standard tyres and the pic ones appear to be a bit taller and thinner.

Advice appreciated guys, I do a lot of miles and need to keep safe!!
andmcit
My Cars:

Re: xantia and picasso wheels

Post by andmcit »

They're showing the same wheel specification on this site:

http://www.alloywheels.com/citroen-xsar ... loy-wheels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To check the rolling radius you need to compare the tyres using something like this:

http://www.willtheyfit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There may be a difference in the section (sidewall) of the two cars' tyre
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

If the tyres are one size narrower and one size higher profile they will be near enough the same rolling radius. I would swap them and then when you need new tyres go back to the correct size for the Xantia. May be worth checking with your insurance, as if anything happens your insurance may be invalid as the car has non standard tyre size. I have standard fiesta zetec 15" alloys on my fiesta van which only has 14" steels as standard. I informed my insurance and they added non standard alloys and I was not charged any extra. There is maybe some advantages to being an old git [emoji4]
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
davecmusic

Post by davecmusic »

Thanks, am going to give it a go tonight. I have been having vibrations from the Xantia since I got it and at least this will rule out out of balance tyres/wheels! If it still does it think it will be back to the drawing board as the driveshafts don't have any play. Only happens when under no-load on the motorway above 55mph though, not acceleration or no power..... Hopefully not an injector as I know these can be a pain to get out of the HDi head!
davecmusic

Post by davecmusic »

FYI tried the wheels but the tyres are quite a bit different. The spare on the Xantia was ok so put that on the front so I have 2 with about 4.5 mm tread left on em. Fine until MOT in August. The pic wheels fitted the Xantia but swapped onto the Pic made the clearance very tight and as it might be used on the road decided not to swap them. Good thing was I realised the pads where worn to nothing so its in today getting new ones. Don't fancy loosing the brakes on the mway. Appreciate the advice guys!