Berlingo warning lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Marcofcf
New User

Berlingo warning lights

Post by Marcofcf »

Hi I have just bought a 2003 Belingo Multispace 2.0 HDi and am concerned that not all my warning lights are actually oprating.

Could you please tell me exactly what warning lights come on when you turn the igniton on your Mk2 diesel Berlingo?

Many thanks

Mark
Northern_Mike

Re: Berlingo warning lights

Post by Northern_Mike »

I've just taken a picture of mine when I turned the ignition on. I'll post it when I get home in an hour or so..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

As promised.. here's what lights up on mine (a 2004 HDi) immediately when the ignition is turned on.

Airbag, fuel light, ABS go off after a few seconds, engine light, battery light go off on engine start. Handbrake light and seatbelt light.. well, self explanatory.

Marcofcf
New User

Post by Marcofcf »

Thanks so much Mike - picked up your message at the other place. My lights are the same as yours except I get no ABS warning light. Strange that the oil pressure warning and STOP lights are not tested at startup as they are pretty crucial, I would have thought

Funnily enough I had almost the same number as you in the top window -11300- miles until next service?

Anyway, I think I can stop worrying about it now

Cheers
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 109k one of two remaining
'03 206 GTi180 - 97k in pieces being brought back up to snuff
'03 206 1.9TD - home-built veg-fuelled B-road bruiser
'99 306 SE 2.0i cabriolet - 92k awaiting service work ready for next summer
'97 306 XS 1.6i 3 door, Bianca White, from dead 12 years & seized solid to road legal in 7 days

Post by ekjdm14 »

I would not relax too much just yet, the non operational ABS bulb is now an MoT fail point and it could also be masking the fact that the ABS isn't working. Of course it COULD just be a blown bulb but I'd be surprised, a simple check you can do to confirm if the ABS is working or not without dismantling anything or connecting to a computer is to take the car out (ideally somewhere low grip like wet roads or gravel, and definitely with no other traffic behind you), drive the car up to about 25-30mph and jam the brakes on as hard as you can. You should feel the ABS pump "pulsing" through the pedal and the wheels should not lock up. If you manage to skid to a halt then there's a problem with the ABS. Here's hoping it's just a bulb you need to replace before next MoT :)
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 109k
'03 206 GTi180 94k in surgery
'03 206 1.1S XUD9TE/veg project :mrgreen:
'99 306 2.0SE cabriolet 95k summer toy
'97 306 XS 1.6i 99k sat 12 years, fixed in 7 days, 150mile maiden voyage :rofl2:
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

ABS wasn't standard I believe. It might not have it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk