Citroen 100,000 suspension warranty & poor OEM service?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ken.chapman
My Cars:

Citroen 100,000 suspension warranty & poor OEM service?

Post by ken.chapman »

Whilst I'm happy to fix my own C5 X7, I'm reminded that Citroen advertised a 100,000 miles warranty on these cars when they were new - can anyone remember? I'm only curious because my brain works in Quality Assurance and the likes and the very fact that Citroen have simply ignored my many emails about the steering rack and suspension on my car astounds me and infuriates me massively.

Is this a flavour of Citroen customer service that I've heard is possibly the worst in the business? In fact, a dealer near Oxford didn't even want my money by refusing to take or return my calls to book my car in, made sarcastic comments when I called into the branch and wanted £75 to simply hook up the Lexia machine when I first started down this route even though 'this will only take about 3 minutes'!

Shame as I love the looks of the car but feel the substance of Citroen really lets them down.
Ken Chapman
C5 2008 onwards (Phase 2 X7) Excusive Auto Saloon
Last 8 on the VIN: 54028743

Aircraft Engineer and Global Quality Manager who doesn't like working on cars!
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Re: Citroen 100,000 suspension warranty & poor OEM service?

Post by osx »

It would have been 100k or 5 years whatever came first.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I even wrote a Letter to the MD of Citroen UK, the reply I got was dreadful and basically said they do not care about Cars not on their forecourt and wriggled out of faults caused by the dealers lack of ability/care over the years they had it.

.....needless to say I would NEVER buy a new one from Citroen based on the dealers I have met....what a bunch of idiots (with a sprinkle of good)

PS...the Main Dealers in Bath are as appalling as the other two of the same group......
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Shame them in public on their Facebook page. They don't like that [emoji4]
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

If the car is out of warranty then they should be giving you a straight answer on that, at any rate!

My old local dealer, Helix used to be good (very long standing Citroen dealer).
They lost the franchise a few years ago and it switched to a nearby Vauxhall dealer (Quest motors). They're absolutely (-expletive removed-) useless with zero knowledge of Citroen stuff (this is all for parts supply I add, having never paid for Citroen main agent servicing!). I sure as hell wouldn't even consider taking a hydraulic Citroen to them and I just stopped going there ages ago for parts supply and was resorting to online mail order stuff only.
Fortunately I've recently discovered that my local Pug dealer (robins and day) can get Citroen spares because they have a Citroen franchise elsewhere. They're much better/knowledgeable, courteous and interested, so that's good. They're also closer, which is a bonus!
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Near me is the ONLY Citroen dealer has ONE guy left who knows anything about real Citroen's, he is one of the senior mechs so can choose to do those cars he would like to do, the Parts Manager is an old time Citroen guy who trained with them as long ago as the old French only MicroView files......but he cannot help if Citroen keep shoving so many parts into the steaming great piles of NFP we are getting at the moment, even he is shocked to see such young parts going.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Stickyfinger wrote:Near me is the ONLY Citroen dealer has ONE guy left who knows anything about real Citroen's, he is one of the senior mechs so can choose to do those cars he would like to do, the Parts Manager is an old time Citroen guy who trained with them as long ago as the old French only MicroView files......but he cannot help if Citroen keep shoving so many parts into the steaming great piles of NFP we are getting at the moment, even he is shocked to see such young parts going.
Yep, Helix was good ok microfiche era service and parts techs. :cry:

I have a full set of microfiche for CX parts somewhere 8-)
(Not that I expect any of them are obtainable any more! :grr: )
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Both the '08 and '09 C5 brochures claim the Hydractive 3+ suspension "is maintenace free for five years or 200,000km"

As for Citroen's customer service these days - I do wonder if certain car manufatcurers and/or importers are trying out a slightly different business model these days whereby they've realised they can make much more money with the leaseplan/PCP/etc deals. I realise lease/HP/etc have been around for a long time, but PCP etc have shot up in popularity over the last few years....... The customer signs to the plan based primarily on getting a new car for a relatively good low monthly price (customer service counts for little, price counts for lots !!), the car lasts the 3 or 4 years of the contract with few problems for the dealer to worry about, at the end of the deal the customer either buys the car for a good few £££££'s (along with inevitable problems which will inevitably be theirs to sort out and pay for !), or the dealer/importer takes it back. .....And when we then go and buy these second hand cars from the dealers, major components fail and it's down to us to fix them - the dealer/importer has absolutely nothing to gain from keeping the second hand car buyer happy as their business model is focused on making money from PCP/lease. For every used car buyer they pee-off with poor service, there'll be dozens they can draw in with good lease/PCP deals.
....or am I just too cynical these days ? :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

bobins wrote:Both the '08 and '09 C5 brochures claim the Hydractive 3+ suspension "is maintenace free for five years or 200,000km"
But that doesn't infer any form of warranty.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Leaking front struts do have extended 5 year / 200000km warranty - at least on certain cars. I had mine changed a bit under 5 years, and didn´t have to pay anything.