2009 C5 Heater Blower and Reverse Gear

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tyros4CJ
New User

2009 C5 Heater Blower and Reverse Gear

Post by Tyros4CJ »

Hi All,

First of all, Im new to this fourum and i think its great.

I have picked up my new car today, a 2009 C5 VTR+ and have noticed a steange quirk.
When reverse gear is selected the heater blower sounds like it has gotten faster, but there is no change in fan blades on the control unit.

Has anybody else noticed this and is this right?

Mant Thanks

Chris
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: 2009 C5 Heater Blower and Reverse Gear

Post by vborovic »

Yes, that's quite normal, because the automatic inside air recirculation gets triggered when you engage the reverse gear and/or when you push the wiper stalk to shoot washing fluid to the windscreen.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

My last car did this. I think it was to close off the outside air, to stop dragging exhaust fumes into the car when reversing. Could be wrong though, I have been many times before.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Never noticed until today, yes my X7 Exl does it as well, as soon as the mirrors move it switches
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I think I have stopped my mirror moving when reverse is engaged (something to do with the memory function?)
I found it great when reversing to a kerb, but worse than useless when reversing into a supermarket space.
Rick.

Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

I think your mirror select -button is in the middle? If you move it left, then your left mirror will tilt when reversing.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

qprdude wrote:I think it was to close off the outside air, to stop dragging exhaust fumes into the car when reversing.
Exactly the case. As or the reversing mirror dipping, as Xantippa said, the mirror 3-position button must not be in the middle ... if yo move it to any side, and still no action (in case everything is still working as it should), maybe you just need to re-index the mirror(s) while in R ...
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I really don't need the mirror function. There are so few places around here where you can park at a kerb, it's not worth bothering about. As I park only in car parks and in my own driveway, the function is mostly useless.
I hadn't realised that leaving the mirror switch in the middle cancels the "dipping" but I suppose it makes sense. Still don't want it though. :wink:
Rick.