C4 underseat wiring.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

C4 underseat wiring.

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hi all

Has anyone had a C4 seat out and seen what the wiring is like underneath? Are the seats easy to remove, do they need to be removed to get good access to the wiring for the pretensioners etc?

I ask because I got the dreaded airbag/pretensioner warning on the C4 with airbag warning light lit. I was going to stick Diagbox on it as James kindly lent me his, but as I moved the drivers seat forward and tipped it to get Sam's child seat out the back, and the airbag warning has now gone, I imagine it's the underseat wiring.

Am I going to get away with unplugging and plugging the connectors back in with a good spray of cleaner? Are they even accessible without removing the seats? I'm not even sure they are plugs yet!

Any help gratefully received as ever

Mike

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C4 underseat wiring.

Post by RichardW »

If it's anything like the C4 Picasso, I remember a much more substantial connector with a cam lock device (I had to remove the seat by partly dismantling it to remove a pen stuck in the runners and jamming the mechanism!!). Could be totally different of course.... :-D
Richard W
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

From memory I believe the seat belt pre tensioners are in the inertia reels located in the 'B' pillars on the C4 not the stalks so there wont be any connectors for them under the seat. The lateral airbag in the seat however will have a connection under there.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Thanks for the pointers both. I'll finally get a chance to look at it tomorrow. It was too nice out today so I went out on the bike instead.

The message on the dashboard helpfully says "airbag and/or seat belt pretensioner faulty"..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Not had this myself, but found on C4owners http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum ... 74469.post
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Mancunian
My Cars: Citroën C4 Grand Picasso II - 1.6 BlueHDI

Post by Mancunian »

Hi,

See attached picture of the underside passenger front seat taken from the back in s C4 Grand Picasso mk2 (2014) 1.6 diesel.

I have numbered the plugs in the picture. Can anyone provide information on any of those? What they are connecting with?

Thanks
M.
Attachments
IMG_20231015_113926.jpg