Best place/seller to buy a new MAF for C5?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soops

Best place/seller to buy a new MAF for C5?

Post by soops »

After fitting the turbo vac solenoid and finally having some power at low revs I am working on the other probs the garage found when they hooked up the car for me. Fitting the vac solenoid has bought down the excessive fuel use down a little but not as much as I expect a 1.6hdi to be using.

I used some CRC air sensor cleaner to clean the MAF as a precaution the other week but when it came back from having the cambelt done and I asked them to put it on the comp to see what was coming up, they found 'Inlet air temp sensor signal short circuit' so even though it's clean I guess that the MAF is kaput and I am going to have to replace it, esp as for me the fuel consumption is still pretty high, esp when around town.

I've just come back from the coast. I filled up to the brim and at a steady 65 on the motorway and a 110 mile journey the needle had only come down to just off full. About 30 miles of running around while on hols, the journey back and about another 30 miles knocking around since and I am now down below half a tank. On a run it's brilliant on fuel but around town driving is absolutely drinking it. So I am taking a step to replace the MAF.

So where is the best place to get one from? I don't want to go to the stealers as it will be so ridiculously expensive. What autofactors sell them at a reasonable price and are of good quality OEM replacements. Do you guys favour certain websites or ebay sellers? If so can you point me in the right direction so I can buy one( I may do the EGR at the same time as it came up with 'egr throttle position copy signal short circuit' and 'egr motorised throttle unit open circuit', I am going to take this off and clean it incase it is the valve sticking but I also assume that the MAF controls the egr as well so I am replace the maf first.)

Thanks lads

BTW it's the 110bhp 1.6 hdi model.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Best place/seller to buy a new MAF for C5?

Post by myglaren »

Be wary of cheap ones. Check yours to see who made it. Seimens/VDO are the usual ones (VDO is a spinoff of Siemens) but some have Bosch systems that are not compatible.
I got mine from the dealer but they can be had from eBay for much less.