Berlingo 1.6Hdi - Oil warning and stop lights flashing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hartjon
New User

Berlingo 1.6Hdi - Oil warning and stop lights flashing

Post by hartjon »

Hi all.

Can anybody help with this:

1.6Hdi Berlingo 2007.
Oil warning and stop lights flash as well as beeping intermittently when in motion - mostly when going up hill or general changes of momentum.
I had the oil sensor changed which fixed the problem for 4 months but then it came back. The oil pressure has been checked and is ok. There are no error codes. Have had the oil changed and oil filter changed and the filter in the sump changed. There is no sludgy build-up in the sump.

I am now 170 quid down and pretty peeved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Jon
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Berlingo 1.6Hdi - Oil warning and stop lights flashing

Post by RichardW »

It only checks the oil level at start up, so if it comes on when driving, then it's an oil pressure problem. The fact it comes on when the oil is being sloshed about suggests it might be genuine. Which sensor was changed? If not the oil pressure switch, then I would get that changed. Assume it has got plenty of oil in it :lol: When you say the strainer was checked do you mean the sump was removed and the oil pick up taken out and cleaned? Perhaps there is a crack in it, or it is not well sealed against the oil pump. I would recommend removing the strainer in the oil pick up (sump off job...!). Otherwise you are possibly looking at a knackered oil pump, which is not good..... :roll:
Richard W