parking sensor c5 exc 2006 wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

parking sensor c5 exc 2006 wiring

Post by boristhespie »

Aparently I have an open curcuit on my parking sensors on my 06 c5 exclusive. Has anyone got a schematic of where the wiring goes so I can follow it.

Thanks.
C'est pas possible!
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: parking sensor c5 exc 2006 wiring

Post by VertVega »

No replies for this :roll: ?

I replaced one of the front sensors so far. I hope my experience would be helpful.
It is a rather simple job, almost like unplug and plug in the new one.

While slowing down to stop, I got a Service warning with some beep sound.
Central console panel displayed some text about parking sensors malfunctioning ...

I found the sensor causing error using my finger tips 8-)
- Start the engine and apply handbrake.
- Walk in front of the car and touch each parking sensor with your finger tip.
- A healthy sensor should tick (something like 2 times per second).

In my car the front left sensor next the fog light was defective. It was damp with moisture.

Rear sensors are activated only when the reversing is selected. Otherwise they stay "asleep".
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

An open circuit is often either a failed sensor or a loose connector. You can check them as Vertvega suggests but if you have access to a Lexia then it will tell you which sensor has the problem.

The front sensors are on the same wiring loom as the front fog lights as they are all fitted to the front bumper section. The wiring loom has a main connector just underneath the plastic bumper section of the slam panel on the right hand side above where the inter cooler is fitted. I think you need to remove the bumper to access it so try all other connectors first. If your front fog lights work then it probably isn't the main connector.
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
Estately
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 00 Xantia 2.0 HDI 90 bhp Estate 237k Gone to New Home
07 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive Estate 211k. Gearbox selector failed.
10 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Auto Exclusive Estate. Px'd
13 C5 2.0 HDI 160 Manual Exclusive Tourer.

Post by Estately »

Hi Boris,

To get at the connector you only need to remove the three T30 pins off the top of the plastic bumper section (easy if not rusted) and you can check the connector on the right.
Of course, I think that the bumper has to be removed to check the wiring and it may be damaged if the front of the car has suffered an impact.
The Lexia I found very vague with the parking sensors on my Son in law's 2006 C5 Exclusive (Sadly written off last week).
The only advice as regards wiring is that there is wire that passes under the panel that covers the spare wheel. The wiring passes under it on the right hand side at the rear. It looks to me as though the connecting wire could suffer damage from the weight placed on the pannel which would then press down on the wires. The car is no longer and I have not had chance to test my therory (the sensors, black box and other wiring was ok).

Hope that helps.

Andy
If it can happen it will.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I'm sure Lexia will identify the faulty sensor (something like 'front left outer sensor open circuit').