Replacement Pressure Valves

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Replacement Pressure Valves

Post by boristhespie »

The garage removed all my tyre pressure valves and replaced with normal ones after one snapped the night before a big journey. Now I just drive with warnings occassionally.

Has anyone used the valve repair kits from Ebay and if so what like quality are they?
C'est pas possible!
citronut
My Cars:

Re: 02. 110bhp LX C5 price?

Post by citronut »

i thought i read somewhere you can switch off the tyre pressure dooo dah with a DIS-LEXIA
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Re: Replacement Pressure Valves

Post by Stempy »

You can, I switched mine off. Well, didn't actually switch them off but told the BSI they weren't fitted due to them not being matched and I don't have the special exciter wotsit to make them active at standstill so they can be programmed in.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Don't know about repair kits but they looked bloody awkward when I searched for them.

Don't the new MOT rules say that dash warnings for various functions (including pressure sensors) will be a failure? Something about original fitted equipment having to work?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Had its MOT 2 days ago. Never came up. Brake discs did and calipers crumbked when changing (again). But the warning only comes up after a while driving. "Tyre pressure are not being monitored" followed a while later with " puncture detected" and the STOP light. But this disappears when ignition switched off. So they wouldnt see the warning unless they ran it for a while. Can't see that rule working. My parking sensors dont work neither due to open curcuit.

I would like tyre pressure monitors.
C'est pas possible!
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

I bought one of the repair valves for the C6 but never actually got round to fitting it as it was easier to change the whole sensor.

What snapped on your old sensor? Usually it's the plastic assembly that holds the valve that breaks when you try and undo the nut as the aluminium nut seizes to the core. If this hasn't happened and the plastic sensor body is still intact then using those valves is fairly straight forward. The new valves have a little cross point screw in them to secure them to the little tab that's built into the sensor body, the Citroen original ones use a tiny, tiny little torx screw. Halfords sell a little set for about £13 that has a small enough torx driver in it to undo it.

Quality wise, the eBay ones actually look a little better then the original ones! They're slightly chunkier in design if that makes sensor.

Alternatively, as said above, you can tell the car BSI that it no longer has the pressure sensors fitted so it doesn't alarm. On the C6 it's blatently obvious that this has been done as you can see a diagram of the car and it says OK beside each tyre. If you turn the sensors off there's just a diagram of the car and nothing written beside the wheel. I'm not sure how it is on the X7 C5. On the S1 C5 V6 I had they were turned off as they stopped working and started alarming 2 days before I sold it and as I'd spent so much on it I couldn't be bothered fixing them. There was no indication that they were disabled or that they weren't working on that car.

They were turned off on the 207 HDi we've got the day we got it as they were alarming in that, they're also about to be turned off on my brothers 207 GTi as the sensors are no longer on the wheels on that either.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Careful chaps, it looks like tyre pressure sensors will soon become an MOT failure:

http://www.matlockmercury.co.uk/news/lo ... -1-7210325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not clear from that whether only a displayed error is cause for failure, thus letting you get around it by turning it off with a Lexia, or whether they will check against a database whether you should have them...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Database eventually I would think.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I bought a repair kit from Neat Autos and according to the tyre fitter the one they supplied was the best they had seen, most of them don't come with the thread or screw or something like that.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C4-C5 ... 540f1009f9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Thanks folks. It was the barrel of the valve that snapped. It hapoened when I was checking the tyres the night before oir drive to South of France. Panic ensued but I phoned garage who said they would replace with normal valve if I got uo to them. I drove as the air pissed out the tyre and got there just in time. This was 7pmish and well after they'd closed

They then took them all out and replaced them all as they said if that one went then the others may.

The charged me £0. for doing this and for the valves. Top class service and why I wont hear a bad word against them.
They alarm is becoming a pain in arse though. Plus I wouldnt mind these alarms.

Same with parking sensors. Dont work. Smashed my new cars front bumper in same trip after bouncing off of wood barrier in parking. They would have precented this. And I struggle to park this car as it is longer and I cant make out front n back.
C'est pas possible!