synergie idle control problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adtaffy2015

synergie idle control problems

Post by adtaffy2015 »

hi guys

This is my first post on here and im hoping that someone will be able to help me.

Ive just bought a 2000 w reg 1.9td synergie. All good apart from the idle. I need to replace the icv but im a bit stuck. Ive located the icv but have a question that probably going to sound daft to most of you.

The icv screws into below the fuel filter. But should the other end attach to anything?? the one on the car currently is unattached and im wondering to this is part of the problem??

Thanks in advance for any help
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: synergie idle control problems

Post by RichardW »

Welcome!

It's not an idle control valve, it's just a fast idle wax stat - it should be joined onto the back of the injection pump. Having said that I am surprised that a W reg car doesn't have a vacuum operated fast idle. What is the idle problem? If you post up the last 8 digits of the VIN, then we can check what sort of injection system is fitted.
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i second Richard / \

if the device you are looking at has a bowden cable coming from it, this is as Richard says it will be a wax stat,
then dependent of which fuel pump it has i believe one brand has the cable attach at the rear and the other at the front,

with the engine cold the cable should be taught and pulling on the cold start lever on the top of the pump,
and also pulling a contact breaker closed/together, the contact breaker makes and breaks a negative/earth supply to the advance servo on the front of the pump
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
adtaffy2015

Post by adtaffy2015 »

hi guys

this is the part that i was looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-SYNER ... 4aca8b758d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yep thats a wax stat,

i forgot to add the cable should be slack once the engine warms up
Regards, malcolm.

adtaffy2015

Post by adtaffy2015 »

hi

thanks for your advice. what does the wax stat do? and where should it attach? mine is not attached and i cant see anything to attach it to??? The throttle cable attaches to the front so i would presume it should attach to the rear?

totally confused...idle is erratic and loss of power....stressed is not the word!!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

adtaffy2015 wrote:hi

thanks for your advice. what does the wax stat do? and where should it attach? mine is not attached and i cant see anything to attach it to??? The throttle cable attaches to the front so i would presume it should attach to the rear?

totally confused...idle is erratic and loss of power....stressed is not the word!!!
citronut wrote:
if the device you are looking at has a bowden cable coming from it, this is as Richard says it will be a wax stat,
then dependent of which fuel pump it has i believe one brand has the cable attach at the rear and the other at the front,

with the engine cold the cable should be taught and pulling on the cold start lever on the top of the pump,
and also pulling a contact breaker closed/together, the contact breaker makes and breaks a negative/earth supply to the advance servo on the front of the pump
Regards, malcolm.