2001 Picasso 2.0 Hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

2001 Picasso 2.0 Hdi

Post by oscar »

Having a bit of grief as blower fan is playing it's own game! stopped other week while on 2 then had to restart engine and it came back on.did not come back on one day when driving turned key off to check something then back on and it wouldn't come back on till restarted
Not used for few days now not coming on at all.

The other thing need to sort is fueling as over fueling (black smoke) AA came out while back and did tests said Boost pressure switch isn't giving correct reading after going through over ones resetting fault codes and this one kept coming back.
what i get if going slow in say 3rd it will suddenly pick up/surge bit like an anti stall i guess? someone that worked on citroens said b ocks thats rubbish etc about boost pressure switch?
anyway where to look/go with this?

do have a couple of other electrical gremlins too like the D door window keeps wanting to go down before it will go back up did other week with ig off and said immobiliser fault WTF! but anyway it started ok phew.
handyman
My Cars:

Re: 2001 Picasso 2.0 Hdi

Post by handyman »

You need to get it onto a Lexia to see where the problems are. The diagnostics will highlight the faults & parameters and guide you towards the faulty components. Be wary of what roadside breakdown recovery bods say as they dont have the correct diagnostic kit.

Where in London? I'm south of the Smoke & have the latest version of Lexia3 which covers most if not all Citroen models.

H
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: 2001 Picasso 2.0 Hdi

Post by oscar »

Hi i'm in london not far from that blot on sky line(Cabot tower)canary wharf.
to be fair the AA guy was on the ball not a normal roadside flumox jockey he re did tests quite a few times went through as many sensors as he could get to had maff out etc he was on a bluetooth set up quite neat for the AA!
Was there a long while and knew a lot and quite prepared to go with what he said.

Unlike friends green flag jump jockey(eastern euro spanner bandit!) that turned up took his BMW 750iL for a drive as mate rang them as had bad noise on rear end. "shock absorber mate nothing to worry about?" Later that night spat entire contents of the diff out on the road as split casing almost firing them outta front of car as it broke. 3 grand odd job as an electrical controlled LSD if can get as rare as rocking horse poo only on them and 850's.

now earlier in the week i said to him drive carefully as you have a diff/rear end problem as we was out and felt/heard it.

Need to sort this bus out for mot soon too