C4 VTS - advice please.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fake Concern
My Cars:

Re: C4 VTS - advice please.

Post by Fake Concern »

Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

Mike, I will challenge you to get a red rev counter in 5th gear. I managed once. On a private m6 runway [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I was on a private test track today with a Q7 who thought he'd bully his way past me, I let him go then matched his speed. He didn't like that so just kept going faster and faster. So did I. He gave in first.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well that was a bit of a damp squib. I've had to pull out of buying the C4 as my deal to sell the Audi fell through and although I can afford to buy the C4 without selling the Audi, I'd rather have the cash in the bank until it does sell after years of being skint!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Northern_Mike wrote:Well that was a bit of a damp squib. I've had to pull out of buying the C4 as my deal to sell the Audi fell through and although I can afford to buy the C4 without selling the Audi, I'd rather have the cash in the bank until it does sell after years of being skint!

Well that's a shame! Perhaps the VTS will still be around when the Audi sells properly.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

why are cars getting more stressful to purchase ??.....I feel your frustration mate, a friend up the road was recently told (when he arrived afyter 4hours driving) that the guy "just sold" the Land Rover the day before (and not told him).........or try buying one from a Frenchman in France, then get the CI and insurance in France from the UK....LOL...I need Betablockers
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

It's doing my head in , that's for sure. It's partly my fault - I forgot to tell the buyer that the fuel and temp gauges are a bit crazy on the TT - both over-read by about 1/3rd. I'd forgotten as you can press a combo of buttons on the climate control and it shows you the exact engine temp, and it's always as it should be, and the miles to empty works fine on the fuel computer. So I ended up shelling out for his ticket too..(it's a skint mate who was going to clean it up and sell it on) £80. FFS. Pissed me off a bit as I was letting him have it *very* cheap simply so I didn't have to deal with ebay eejits or autotrader arseholes. A grand for a freshly MOT'D TT 225 Quattro in good order with the belts done and all basically working is a steal.

I can afford the C4 but I don't want to end up skint with three cars on the drive. After years of surviving on one salary we're finally on the up now wife's working full time and doing her CIMA stuff, I don't want the stress of it again so the TT will have to stay or something. I'm most peeved.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

P.S. I have loads of beta blockers!

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

PMSWL
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

So is he a skint ex mate now? Sounds like a very cheap tt.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Nah, life's too short Davie. These things happen. I should have told him about the gauges, I just forgot as I'm used to them.

The TT is cheap. My mate up your way bought it very cheap when it was dead 4 years ago and brought it back to life with a new turbo, amongst other things. It's been well looked after since then. Kids came along so he sold it cheap to another mutual friend, who decided it was too fast and uneconomical for his needs, so he sold it to his niece, who ran it for six months and sold it to me.. it's done over 11k a year the last 4 years, and apart from a grumble synchro on 2nd is all in good order. Apart from the gauges of course..

Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Northern_Mike wrote:Nah, life's too short Davie. These things happen. I should have told him about the gauges, I just forgot as I'm used to them.

Apart from the gauges of course..

Glad to hear that, so often people fall out over silly things, but friendships matter!
Would the gauges be hard/expensive to sort? Would it just be a ballast resistor?
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

It's a common TT problem. Usually the whole instrument cluster goes completely nuts. I know mine's been repaired once already. It's a "send it away to BBA-Reman and hand over £125" job, not hugely expensive in the grand scheme of TT repairs

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

My wife is still telling me to buy the C4 by the way... For once she's telling me to buy a car rather than not..

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

I would have thought a TT would sell easily for a grand. Don't see much cheap ones up here. You may get a c4 vts some day. I would have another, even given its entry/exit problems for me.

Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2