21st Centrury DS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rg
My Cars:

21st Centrury DS

Post by rg »

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

That should break some "purists" hearts, but hey, some machine just the same.
Alan S
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It's unbelieveable how a minor touch up makes it a modern car design [:0]
- given the vast number of people who have owned & driven a DS - such a new design DS could darned well be a top seller [?]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hmmm - what is underneath - a C5? Looks like a 'Pizza car' - standard base, fancy topping, like the new Beetle and BMW one series, sorry, Mini; surely the ugliest thing on the road.
If you want a DS - there are plenty available - you can then experience true comfort and the magic of BVH!
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

You beat me to it - I was going to say why don't Citroen junk the godawful, cobbled up C5 body and stick the above on top of the mechanicals? Oh, and bring back a proper hydraulic system too. Couldn't be any worse... could it?
Stu.
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

I think it looks absolutely brilliant - with modern mechanicals and electrics it could be a winner. However, looking at original website, wasn't it put forward 5 years ago (1998?). But then it ain't that much different to the original DS which was put forward in 1956(ish). I'd buy one tomorrow (if I had the money?) - just to be different to the Mondeo, Vectra, 3 series or anything else come to that- and it would be a (hydraulic) Cit. One of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen - but then I love the DS, BX and CX.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

But, Phil, just like the Verruca or Mundano, you have to throw it away after 5 years because it has accumulated that many faults, plus those the dealer has put on it that it is totally uneconomical to repair. How many of the last 10 years' cars will still be around in 20 years?
No, I will stick to my 1972 DS, 1985 BX, 1982 GSA and 1982 Dyane - can keep them running for ever.
More environmentally friendly than making new ones - recycle!
Don't forget we are brainwashed by the marketroids' mantra - 'old is bad, new is good'
I will <b>not </b>have a car I cannot fix!
Mike