Citroen C5 (X7?) Fault codes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ken.chapman
My Cars:

Citroen C5 (X7?) Fault codes

Post by ken.chapman »

I recently had a problem with the suspension going hard and the steering going lumpy as it were - took it to a Citroen guy in Oxford (great bunch at Air Cooled Engineering) who cleared all the fault codes which seems to have reset the suspension (nice and soft now) but the steering remains suspect. They mentioned with the suspension the car was continually reverting to Sport mode, hence the hard suspension.

The codes I have are: U1108, U1118, U2006 and U2118 (all 'not present') and U2005 ('present').

I'd like to sort the steering but need some help with these codes and possible causes so was hoping someone can help before I put it into Evans Halshaw in Banbury as Air Cooled can't do 'live data'?

Many thanks in advance yet again - you're a great help so far so here's hoping you will be some more!
Ken Chapman
C5 2008 onwards (Phase 2 X7) Excusive Auto Saloon
Last 8 on the VIN: 54028743

Aircraft Engineer and Global Quality Manager who doesn't like working on cars!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroen C5 (X7?) Fault codes

Post by myglaren »

There is a list of members who own and will run diagnostics for a small consideration using a Citroen dedicated Lexia machine.
There is an attendant map to make things easier too.
Find one near you and take contact (PM) to arrange a meeting.
You will get a much more in depth diagnostic and Lexis will read live data.

While not all branches are the same, EH have something of a reputation and while they may not try and pull the wool over your eyes and skin you alive, there is a risk of it.
Go forearmed.
Or even better pointed in the direction of someone who actually knows what they are doing.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Sounds like the sort of codes faulty underbonnet fuse box throws up... For the cost of a diag session at EH you can buy your own Lexia, and see all the live data you want!!
Richard W
Filberton

Post by Filberton »

Lexia advice is best and from folk with no hidden agenda (ie use forum list) but The likes of pikit.co.uk publish PSA codes which suggest you have a communication error with the BSI. Sounds like it may have been reset now but I have found the big multiplugs to the BSI (under bonnet fuse box) can get bad connection. (Strip and Servisol or WD40)

Sport mode answer sounds slightly iffy as that button merely takes out the mid-spheres to reduce body roll
But car remains nice and soft.

The other issue I have had is if the LHM fluid drops too low it can affect steering and suspension. ( bottom the suspension and see if the level is just above the filter screen in the reservoir).

As is always a norm on these cars, poor battery voltage can upset the BSI

Hope that helps. Keep on forum as there is a growing x7 knowledge and good support.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)