1600 miles...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

1600 miles...

Post by qprdude »

trouble free motoring on the new Avon tyres. Whisper quiet compared to the awful Federals they replaced. Very positive so far. Excellent grip in the wet and generally very competent.

Pretty poor MPG this time, but MPH was a bit higher than my usual. 39.8 Northward and 38.8 Southward, fully laden both ways.

Used Sainsbury's voucher and got 10p a litre off in Aberdeen (no, it wasn't me who bought the groceries!).

Googled the best prices and got a reasonable deal at Asda in Chorley on the return. That was a week ago and I still have half a tankful left.

The car is so much quieter now with the new front tyres that I don't know if replacing the knackered lower ball joint has made much difference. I'm sure it has, but the smooth drive from the tyres makes it difficult to know.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.