Time expired?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Eroe

Re: Major system failure Citroen Xantia

Post by Eroe »

Thanks everyone, basically car is at a garage in West Somerset England, both garage and AA tried to connect it to a thing which was the size of a suitcase, had handles either side and a big screen. Neither could. They seem stumped, so I am going to pass on every suggestion I can. This aerial, can it be tested?
Eroe

Post by Eroe »

Addo, any idea why the pins might not have power?
Eroe

Post by Eroe »

Ted, we did have the big plug thing out, couldn't see any corrosion, had both plugs off in big black box, had abs connector off, push and waggled as many relays as we could. Never found the immobiliser, someone said behind the glove box, how big is it? any one more detail?
Eroe

Re: Time expired?

Post by Eroe »

Hi all. thanks for ideas. Heard from the garage yesterday. They had an auto electician out. His diagnosis - key not recognised....wow.....They jsut handed me the keys and asked me to arrange for it to be towed to Citroen!!!! So has anyone tried Immobiliser bypass ecus?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

If you tried both keys and neither are being recognised (key light on dash stays illuminated) then in the absence of being able to connect to Lexia a place to start is to change the "immobiliser key aerial" which in English means the ring that sits around the ignition barrel (IIRC they cost £20 ish) this device detects the signal from the key for the benefit of the ECU etc, not uncommon for them to fail and a cheap/relatively easy place to start at a solution.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I have seen a couple where the immobiliser has simply "forgotten" the key. Once you have the key code, it's rock and roll.

Eroe, here's the basic requirements but for a Xsara: http://www.cxoc.net/index.php?topic=10340.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From memory the Xantia uses Pin 6 instead of Pin 11 for its immobiliser, but as you can see with key on, you must have 12V at Pin 16, and a ground (earth) at Pins 4&5 for a Lexia tool to work.
Eroe

Re: Time expired Still fighting! Immobiliser/ fuel problems

Post by Eroe »

Hello all, :-D Time for an update. Called the AA out twice, first time he started the car, but legged it and it would start again. Second time he (different man) couldn't start it, and after a great deal of cuffufle towed it to my local garage. After a week I was summonded to the garage and handed the keys, get it towed to Citroen, was the instruction. All had just plugged in the reader device and discovered that it couldn't or wouldn't read it. It is my impression that the plug in thing has replaced the brain of most mechanics (sorry guys) lots of sucking in of cheeks and insults to french cars, seem to have taken the place of locical diagnostic thought and experience. One so called car electrics expert suggested that my key had no chip.....

Now, said citroen dealer is 25miles away, so what could I do? I towed it round to the curb outside a friends house, and they agreed to keep an eye on it. (My other car is a Toyota Yaris) Found someone on ebay who would kill my immobiliser, remove it from my ECU like the nasty little virus that it is. Removed ECU and posted it to 'thedashmaster' who charged me £69 with free return postage, I posted it Thurs SD 1pm (£11.00) and received it back Sat 12.45. Once fitted, it was clear the fuel relay was also a problem, but started and drove it home. Ordered a(240109) replacement relay, second hand, from a xsara, on Sat night. (£8.00 plus 3.49 postage) Arrived Wed first post, fitted - worked. Car started first time and every time since.
Total cost so far? £91.49. Now the expert electrician wanted £35.00 for telling me my key had no chip and that the lexia wouldn't read even though he had already been told that by me. Be interested if any of you guys think his advice to get it towed if worth it?
So, can recommend 'immobiliser bypass' not all ecus are suitable but I personally would endorse 'thedashmaster' as they realised mine was an older version and had to try a bit harder to do it, then returned it SD at no extra charge to me to help me out. Thefreedom of knowing that the fuel pump will clunk on EVERY time is great. All I have to do now is remove the tow eye from the subframe where the AA left it having dislodged the captive nut.......
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

Friend of mine has issues with his V6 immobiliser, will tell him about that company!
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

If your car has some "worth" as a V6 may do, this "mod" will nullify the insurance unless declared won't it ?

It would make a Xantia VERY easy to steal wouldn't it ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

Stickyfinger wrote:If your car has some "worth" as a V6 may do, this "mod" will nullify the insurance unless declared won't it ?

It would make a Xantia VERY easy to steal wouldn't it ?
very true actually. guessing he could always do it as a last resort, he's had it all over the shop trying to get it read to figure out what to do.

reminds me, mine isn't even immobilised
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o