Xantia mudflaps

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Xantia mudflaps

Post by Northern_Mike »

rory_perrett wrote: Whether rain x or the like would make a difference I don't know.
Sadly not. If there's no water "flow" I find Rain-X makes matters worse rather than better, especially where dirt is concerned!
bill hughes
My Cars: 1994 xantia 1.9 tdi sold on and still going strong 2ooo xantia 2.0hdi estate 1998 Renault megane 1.4

Post by bill hughes »

Totally agree with the hairdresser, I was advised by a fellow biker to put rain x on my visor, its fantastic says he, I followed advice, got off the boat at Dieppe, 1am in the morning, rain and thick fog, I got stuck behind a lorry and couldn't see a thing, it was April and freezing, lifted my visor to see where I was going and my eye lashes froze, I had that all the way to Lemans, so as you can imagine I am not a fan of rain x ps, one good thing came out of it the missus never went to Lemans again,
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

bill hughes wrote:Totally agree with the hairdresser, I was advised by a fellow biker to put rain x on my visor
I did that. Only the once mind you. Terrible stuff!
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

I had a very bad experience with Rain X on the old VSX. As soon as I applied it the wipers started juddering, never managed to solve the problem.
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)