Xantia Td Oil Temp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Xantia Td Oil Temp

Post by elma »

Since I got my car the oil Temp gauge has sat at around 110 rather than 90 degrees as expected. There were a lot of running issues to begin with but now they are mostly repaired. What could possibly cause the increased temperature and how would I check? The car is on about 105k and in a decent state of service although there are a couple of small oil leaks to address from the sump and rocker gaskets at the next oil change.

Possibilities I am already thinking about are turbo seals and inlet manifold gasket. Not sure how to test turbo seals other than swapping the turbo and I have a new gasket to install soon. I don't see why a faulty gasket would increase the temperature, but I suspect it needs replacing anyway so is on my mind.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Td Oil Temp

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Elma,

The TD has an oil/water sandwich oil cooler behind the oil filter..

I'd suspect, knowing that you once had some grot in the cooling system, it may be choked o the water side...

I have a couple of spares here so if you want one to try, just squeak..

Another cause I've seen (on an Activa - which has an identical setup) is an airlock in the oil cooler water circuit...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

Yes please Jim, is it worth taking the water pipes off it and flushing with a hose today to check first though?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, it is Elma,

If not, PM me your address and I'll get one off to you on Wednesday...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

Thanks Jim, I'll let you know this evening. I was trying to find an excuse not to change the gasket today, may as well get stuck in.
elma

Post by elma »

No joy with the flushing, pm on the way Jim.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:No joy with the flushing, pm on the way Jim.
Perfect :-D I'm starting to go through my redundant spares now and they're on the list...

I'll get it on its way on Wednesday if that's OK?
Jim