Citroen Synergie 1.9td vsx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andyexile2003

Citroen Synergie 1.9td vsx

Post by Andyexile2003 »

Gentlemen,

Does anyone have the 1.9td synergie. If so could someone tell me where the wire goes that is connected to the fuel cut-off solenoid. My email is andyexile2003 at yahoo dot co dot uk if someone could send me a detailed picture.

Cheers

Andy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Citroen Synergie 1.9td vsx

Post by CitroJim »

Why do you ask Andy?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Andy bud
i thought you already had a thread running inquiring on this,

and as i said there if the immobaliser/armor is still in place, the solenoid feed pick is directly off the immobaliser PCB buried inside the armor

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=50574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by citronut on 28 Feb 2015, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Andyexile2003

Post by Andyexile2003 »

Sorry Malcom!

The chap who had it before me tried to sort the issue but ended up causing more.
The supply to the fuel cut-off solenoid is via the double relay. I've found the pin snapped off thus not supply 12v switched supply to the fuel cut-off solenoid via a 4 pin connector just above the starter motor. Now the 4 pin connector has a blue connector and the wire goes to the fuel cut-off but also to the immobilizer. The only problem is this cable has been cut.
Would that cause the difficult starting?

Cheers andy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Andyexile2003 wrote:Sorry Malcom!

The chap who had it before me tried to sort the issue but ended up causing more.
The supply to the fuel cut-off solenoid is via the double relay. I've found the pin snapped off thus not supply 12v switched supply to the fuel cut-off solenoid via a 4 pin connector just above the starter motor. Now the 4 pin connector has a blue connector and the wire goes to the fuel cut-off but also to the immobilizer. The only problem is this cable has been cut.
Would that cause the difficult starting?

Cheers andy
but is the immobilizer and its protection armor still in situe on the back of the fuel pump,
if it is then there is no external access directly to the power feed of the solenoid, as its the solenoid the immobilizer is mmobalising,

if the immobilizer and its protection armor has been removed, then all you need to do is ignor all the wires and plug connectors on the bracket attached the front of the fuel pump except the one wire ( i believe in the black plug connector ) which becomes live on switching the ignotion on, and patch a wire directly from this to the terminal on the solenoid,
obviously remove all/any other wires which may be going to the solenoid
Regards, malcolm.

Andyexile2003

Post by Andyexile2003 »

Hi Malcom,

There's nothing on the back of the pump except the solenoid.
A single wire runs from there to the switch wire that goes to terminal 3 on the anti start unit cable tied on an air conditioning pipe in front of the starter motor. Wire 3 has been disconnected. Would this stop the car from starting or am I only concerned with getting a switched 12v supply on the solenoid?

Cheers
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if the immobaliser PCB is still in circuit ( fully or partially ) all be it dangling of an air con pipe, i would determine which is the switched 12V feed in the black plug
( mind it has power on cranking and ignition only position ),

remove/lob over your left shoulder the immobaliser PCB after disconnecting it, then connect the switched 12V feed straight to the solenoid, bongo sorted,

shouldn't be nessy celery but just in case it dont work make a note of which wires went were, and which direction the PCB went :shock: :yikes: :-D :lol: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

Andyexile2003

Post by Andyexile2003 »

Hi Gents,

Got it running after an age. Put in new glow plugs but it still seems to struggle.
Once it does start there's White smoke coming out the exhaust and a bit from the engine bay.
Any ideas? It's not using any water.