Xantia V6 workshop manual

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Moss
My Cars: first was a concourse Big15, also had DS, Safari, 1220club.
Current is 2001 Xantia V6 Exclusive.

Xantia V6 workshop manual

Post by Moss »

Hello

Recently found a 2001 Xantia V6; it's been two weeks now and have started to get to know each other: bit like an arranged marriage me thinks, she's done 120k and has started to settle down, reveal her secrets.

Many thanks to Jim for help regarding the LT71141, have had to accept NZ doesn't have supplier so will have to do a regular change of the "whatever they recommend". I managed to find the manual PDF floating in the forum and this has been informative but limited as it doesn't do V6...
So my questions for you good fellas are these..Can anyone direct me to a workshop manual that covers V6 -?-

- I've a belt squeal when first starting in the morning, silicon spray quiet"s it for a couple of days but think the belts could be replaced or at least tightened...the PDF suggests removing inner wheel arch skin to get at all but not sure is the same for the V6, looks to be a tensioner easily accessed from the top.
- the hydraulic fluid reservoir yellow indicator float is jammed up top of the glass, I've maxed the height of the car and lifted the lid of the reservoir, flicked the glass, pulled the wires out but yellow doesn't budge. No noticed suspension issues at this stage but want the LHM at the right level.
- Get low speed brake scrap from the rear...is this pad replacement talk or possilble atmospherics/dust etc.
- Air bag dash light flash turns out to be Steering Wheel squib, expect it to be the orange wire issue but want the manual to walk me throught the access/process.
- Plan to set up Lexia, looking for an old XP laptop, does anyone have experience with the Chinese Kits. (EBay etc) I'm confused by the various options...some sell boards, some sell software and cables...
- Will need to do engine mounts, are the V6 done as for the others, just support from below and pop?

Thanks
PeteEd
Locked user account

Re: Xantia V6 workshop manual

Post by PeteEd »

I believe, but cannot be certain, that VW TL52162 autobox fluid is the same as LT71141, as is Mercedes MB236.11
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Moss, your best workshop manual for the V6 is this forum 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Have you tried contacting Mobil customer support for LT71141? It also has a Jaguar part number (and probably Landrover as well).

The top engine mount is unique to the V6, and no longer available, so if the rubber is broken, you will need to cobble something together (until someone starts making them again).

The V6 auxiliary belt tensioner is accessed from above, but is automatic and very reliable. Check that the crankshaft damper pulley is not delaminating (paint a line across the 2 steel sections and inspect for slippage).

Which part of the country are you in? We will be returning to Christchurch later this year.
Moss

Post by Moss »

I'm in Dunedin.
Didn't want to hear the mount rubber is no longer avail.! and crankshaft damper pulley delaminating is a bit left field for this puppy ... without the manual I'm flying blind ...
Like exactly what is the air bag key (RED) on-off lock sitting in the handbreak console for?

Pheeew
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

Disables passenger airbag. If you turn it off it should light the airbag light.

Its location is a bit odd mind, its lovingly behind the wheel near the rheostat on my 206
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Moss wrote:crankshaft damper pulley delaminating is a bit left field for this puppy....
That's a very common problem Moss... New crank pulleys are still readily available in Europe and easy to fit...

The solution to the rubbers in the top mount is to get a friendly firm to make you some new inserts out of polyurethane.. You could do so yourself with a freezer and a lathe.. Polyurethane can be machined if kept very cold...

It's a problem we're all going to be facing soon...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'm surprised to read that the top mount is NLA already :(

From memory there's some requirement for parts to be available for ten years after manufacture ceases but I could be wrong, I do know I read something along those lines a couple of years ago.

I realise the car in question is a 2001 model though.

A PSA dealer might be able to make enquires to see if any dealer still has some floating about (no pun intended) , failing that one from another model might fit although I've not seen one to be sure. I'm thinking possibly the 406 / 407 / 607 mountings here.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

They have been unavailable for about 4 years, I had a dealer search done, but nothing found.

My memory has just been jogged, and I think there is someone remanufacturing them. It is one of the 3 companies that recondition XM strut tops (and not the Lithuanian one), they show an XM ES9 top mount on their web page, but no price shown.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's most interesting Mike.. I never knew there were three companies redoing XM strut tops...

The Lithuanian mob will do them as a special order. I know that as I asked about them rebuilding XM2.5 engine mounts and ES9 crank pulleys..

Cost was estimated to be about 75 of those funny Euro thingys when I asked.

Who are the other two mobs then?
Jim

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

Sorry, it is Kingas with the picture on their website: http://elastomer.eu/index.php?option=co ... 37&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't immediately find the details of the others, one I think is only rumoured.

Moss, is your car the one that was for sale in Ashburton for a long time (previously owned by 4 doctors (consectutively or concurrently?)? I nearly went to look at that one when in New Zealand last year.

If you PM me your email address, I will send you some stuff relevent to your engine/transmission.

Mike
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mike, that's excellent... I've found KingAS to be extremely helpful in my dealings with him and I'm sure he'd be only too happy to oblige outside Europe...
Jim

Moss

Post by Moss »

FEM3243 Engine Mounting Right (Fits: Citroën Xantia 2001 [X2] 3.0 V6)

Don't know for sure about these mounts, a closer inspection has me thinking I'm looking at a sway bar which has rubber(ish) packer at the point of contact with the engine. The form of the rubber breaking in the bar is different to the online offering
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

Moss wrote:FEM3243 Engine Mounting Right (Fits: Citroën Xantia 2001 [X2] 3.0 V6)
That is the bottom mount which is used on lots of PSA vehicles , and in my experience never fails on the V6.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Moss, the rubber bush on the inner-wing end of the torque reaction assembly (sway-bar) also goes and is a unique size...

It looks similar to the HDi one which is still available but is a different size... That one can be replaced by a hard nylon bush similar to my Activa ram bushes.
Jim