Anti-Roll Bar Bushes C5...09

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Anti-Roll Bar Bushes C5...09

Post by citronut »

Stickyfinger wrote: .... Are you saying you know this is a swap ? and fits the X7/C6 type ?.
no no not at all, its still all supposition, but for what they are going to cost including carriage it might be worth going for it
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Jodyone

Post by Jodyone »

Stickyfinger wrote:And my temp repair to the dog bone...a tiny weld for me and my skills, esp as I had to avoid melting the inner plastic scocket.

the Fun part.....Citroen Main Dealers, HASKINS in Abingdon, have been looking at this get worse every time the car was in to them over 4 years ......16 times in according to the paper work.....QUALITY Care of you £25k car..........NOT !
This sort of thing is really frustrating. They could at least have warned you about the corrosion, even if they didn't do anything about it... When the car is in the air on a lift in a well lit workshop this stuff is so easy to see and judge; not so much when you're squeezed underneath it with your feet wedged under a couple of mountain bikes and a torch in your mouth.

I know the mechanics are on tight timescales, but I suspect the bigger problem is that you never get to talk to them at main dealers: all communication must be routed through a desk-bound service agent. I've tried to sneak into the workshop before when I can see my car on the lift- just for an easy inspection- but generally get intercepted and led off to the naughty step..!
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I find it a very disappointing reflection of the management of the garage and the people "working" there.
I also find it sad that the "Marque" does not generate ample enough pride that this can now happen to a valuable car whilst under the care of Citroen themselves.

I will be talking to the most senior member of the dealership I can in the morning and will be asking his option on the photographs. I wonder if he will have the same thoughts on the matter as I will. Part of the value of the car was the dealer service record, it seems very de-valued at the moment and makes me concerned for other bits of basic service this car has had.

Citroen Service HQ will be getting the images plus a few more taken with a better camera and with the understanding that I retain the right to pass them onto a TV show for broadcast if and when I feel the need :)

(the producer of WatchDog is a customer at the moment, passed onto me by the recommendation of the Producer of Coast and Countryfile, another customer)...
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Stickyfinger wrote:I will be talking to the most senior member of the dealership I can in the morning and will be asking his option on the photographs. I wonder if he will have the same thoughts on the matter as I will. Part of the value of the car was the dealer service record, it seems very de-valued at the moment and makes me concerned for other bits of basic service this car has had.
I'll stick my neck out here and bet you a tube of Smarties that they'll tell you that's "Fair wear and tear, Sir" :(
If they do use that agrgument, then I'd be tempted to ask them to confirm that they consider it acceptable that it's got to that state at that age !
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I would expect "that move" by them, there is however as you say the questions

...are you really happy with your service department and how it represents your business if this is an example of their care of customers cars and the Marques reputation.
...are you happy you sell cars that can look like this after 3-5 years
>>>WTF are you prepared to do about it ?

we shall see but rest assured, I always stay happy and have fun doing it...I seem to get more done that way :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

HAHAHAHAHA

Spoken to a Citroen Main Dealer Service Manager : in a Town near Spires and Learning...........................................

Service manager:...who does not know
"anything technical"
about cars...LOL......says and I quote:.....I recorded it.

Described the state of the AR bar and Height Adjustor/DogBone.....told him the car had been with them for X years......just got it, extended dealer warranty with them etc etc
....Asked him what I should do with such a complaint and who to got to.....and if he felt responsible for it

He said
"I do not care that the car is in that condition, you purchased it privately so should of inspected it"
When asked if he considers it acceptable that his staff have watched these components slowly degrade of time he said,
So ? what do you want me to do about it, nothing that's what, just get it done under the warranty
When asked if he was suggesting that I with hold the lack of care aspect from the warranty company, he said
If you want, it would get it done
So I think I now know both the position as well as the moral standing of the Service Manager at a Citroen Main Dealer in a town near Spires and Learning.

What a wonderful representative of a fine Marque....I always thought those sort of customer care techniques were limited to Skip Rental Companies !

gobsmacked in Dorset
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

It is both disappointing and not a big surprise. Other Marques have the poor dealers too of course.
For me the service history is not worth the paper.
How are these persons you mention customers?
1/ Do you cut their hair?
2/ Do you shoot their Vermin?

:lol: :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I am also more disappointed than angry, and in that very calm mood I called Citroen HQ.
~
I told them the story and my concerns about the long term "care" shown by that dealer and how I am both concerned for my car (because of their poor care) and also for Citroen as a Marque if happy with such performance from their dealers.
......yes yes....ohhhh, yes......oh yes Sir....
.then as he got the answer that it had been a private sale, he then in a millisecond dumped me back to "I don't give a sh17 mate....no thanks, don't need to see the photos, then goes all "No Comment, not our sale" on me and buggers off whilst refusing to take my phone number and pass on the comments up the chain.

....not once did they even ask to see the photos of what we were discussing, was all angled to "where is the wriggle out zone"

....its endemic within Citroen UK it seems as well I am sure with others. Just such a shame the "technicians" have no pride either.

....ho hum getting old so pulling out of this fight as I have Veg to plant for spring and it was never about the cost/replace anyway.

I cannot be bothered by people who don't give a crap and Citroen have given up on Hydro anyway, the alternatives if limited to metal springs are mostly better and more reliable anyway
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Has your car got or had a towbar fitted at some point?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

DickieG wrote:Has your car got or had a towbar fitted at some point?
No, but why if I may ask ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Stickyfinger wrote:
DickieG wrote:Has your car got or had a towbar fitted at some point?
No, but why if I may ask ?
I was wondering that if it had had a towbar fitted whether it had towed a boat which generally involves reversing the trailer into the water/sea, several years ago I worked on a Shogun that had been used for this, underneath the front half of the car was like new whereas from midway along the rear door backwards the car was as rotten as a pear and a write off.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

The service you've received from citroen is extremely disappointing but, much like what Lexi says, not a big surprise. And I, like him, don't rate a main dealer service history at all.

I do wonder if corproate HQ have sat down and worked out that it really isn't worth exerting any energy or money on keeping us used car owners happy as the bulk of their profits come from pushing new cars to either fleet buyers or to the public on finance / lease / PCP / cash sales and hence - they really really don't give a damn about keeping us served. The service you've received basically says - 'go away, we don't care about anything you've got to show us'. I've had a similar experience with Citroen in the past.

It is such a pity they treat us like this, but I suppose we're not actually valuable to them. The C5 is a great car, it's just let down by Citroen :(
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

LOL, it was an Up-country car not Isle of White :)

I know the |"problem" on the ARB, it is powder coated and that gets brittle and once penetrated, water tracks under, plus applying it to a flexible material is just wrong (but cheap).
Also it requires the bush to be bonded to the bar as the coating would abrade, again a compromise to save cost and remove a maintenance step.

The Dog bone and sender, well that was then just them totally ignoring a basic part of the car and is unforgivable in any Citroen garage with that part in particular :)

Not other concerns that I have seen yet ....as I have said, its more about the "care" than the cost
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Mr sticky
did you say somewhere in this story the car had always been service by a citroen agency, if this is the case it should not make any difference were you bought the car

dont know if this is a current cyber space result, but i just did a goooogly search for PSA UK CEO

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/05/0 ... SW20140507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

citronut wrote:Mr sticky
did you say somewhere in this story the car had always been service by a citroen agency, if this is the case it should not make any difference were you bought the car

dont know if this is a current cyber space result, but i just did a goooogly search for PSA UK CEO

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/05/0 ... SW20140507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep always, initially to a Marketing manger at Citroen Hartwells in Slough (friend of my seller) then at Hartwells in the "other place" untill I got it a few months ago.

But 100% complete service record....which I have and there is no mention of "The Roll bars are rotting and the Height adjuster is filled with crap/seized or nearly and the dog bones rusting to crap....well I can't find it, funny that. :)

Ummm.....do not think Citroen will improve do you |?
Linda JACKSON who has over 35 years experience in the motor industry in a variety of financial and commercial roles ? A sales/finance person who will develop the plastic and electric add-on bits whist cutting costs with lower (even) quality.....sounds like a good move if you wish to make/develop a hollow "badge"
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider