2006 Citroen C5 VTR 2.0 HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

THELABMAN
My Cars:

2006 Citroen C5 VTR 2.0 HDI

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Folk,

I've seen a lovely 2006 C5 and I'm toying with the idea of maybe changing my old one as the repair bills have been crippling recently can anyone tell me if the 16v 2litre engine is as reliable as the old 8v .. I'm assuming it'll have both the EGR and FAP unit fitted ...

I noticed it doesn't have the armrests fitted to the front seats, can these be fitted retrospectively at all ....

Regards

Peter
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: 2006 Citroen C5 VTR 2.0 HDI

Post by Stickyfinger »

Good engine, well tried and tested now and (as) good as the 8 valve except for the added EGR (not seen many problems with that on the 2ltr)
Car will take a Leather set from a Mk1...about £150...just swap the AirBags in the seats (easy 15mins) so no wire cutting.
Arm rests on better Spec seats
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Sticky,

That's nice to know seats from a Mk1 would still fit in it ... I thought they might as it's basically a tarted up Mk1 after all... it's just an idea I'm toying with as I've spent a fortune on mine recently and it does get to you after a while... I just found it odd that the VTR comes with cruise control etc but they dropped something as simple as the arm rests for the front seats
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Yeh, strange....but hey, cheap conversions rarely bring that level of extra comfort as a set of electric leather (some had heat as well) , all wires ready as well :)

I found the Mk1-Facelift almost exactly the same ride as the Mk1 but Facelift one was a lighter 1.6 engine so was a little more nimble in corners. The 2ltr 16v are good for 48-52mpg reportedly.
Standard long term maintenance "challenges" as the Mk1 except for DPF/ERG....Eolys is a easy refill and reset.

THELABMAN wrote:Hi Sticky,

That's nice to know seats from a Mk1 would still fit in it ... I thought they might as it's basically a tarted up Mk1 after all... it's just an idea I'm toying with as I've spent a fortune on mine recently and it does get to you after a while... I just found it odd that the VTR comes with cruise control etc but they dropped something as simple as the arm rests for the front seats
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting