Xantia Body Computer Programming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Body Computer Programming

Post by Chetiya Dias »

I don't have the old cph code as well.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The CPH can only be programed to a car once with Lexia. you really want to get a matched pair to make things easier.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

What wheeler said.

You can only pair a CPH and Engine ECU once when they are new and unused.

You won't be able to pair your recently acquired second hand CPH to your Engine ECU even if you have the 4 character code.

In your circumstances you only really have two choices:

1) You can get an already paired CPH and Engine ECU (the correct revision ECU for your engine of course) with a KNOWN code, you can then use that code to program your existing keys and remote fobs to the new CPH so you don't have to change all your keys and locks.

2) If you know the code for the CPH so you can program the keys, you could send the Engine ECU away to an "unlocking" service to get the immobiliser function disabled in the ECU. Then it will start the engine regardless of being paired or not, and in most cases you can then follow the "pairing" process with the CPH code to complete the pairing so that you don't get any immobiliser warning on the dashboard. (But you will still have no immobiliser)

Edit: Just re-read your earlier posts and see that your engine ECU is already unlocked. In that case if you know the CPH 4 character code I would try the pairing process in the Lexia - it should stop the immobiliser warning. My first Xantia V6 had an unlocked Engine ECU as well and did not give an immobiliser warning, and I was still able to program keys/fobs.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

Mandrake wrote:What wheeler said.

You can only pair a CPH and Engine ECU once when they are new and unused.

You won't be able to pair your recently acquired second hand CPH to your Engine ECU even if you have the 4 character code.

In your circumstances you only really have two choices:

1) You can get an already paired CPH and Engine ECU (the correct revision ECU for your engine of course) with a KNOWN code, you can then use that code to program your existing keys and remote fobs to the new CPH so you don't have to change all your keys and locks.

2) If you know the code for the CPH so you can program the keys, you could send the Engine ECU away to an "unlocking" service to get the immobiliser function disabled in the ECU. Then it will start the engine regardless of being paired or not, and in most cases you can then follow the "pairing" process with the CPH code to complete the pairing so that you don't get any immobiliser warning on the dashboard. (But you will still have no immobiliser)

Edit: Just re-read your earlier posts and see that your engine ECU is already unlocked. In that case if you know the CPH 4 character code I would try the pairing process in the Lexia - it should stop the immobiliser warning. My first Xantia V6 had an unlocked Engine ECU as well and did not give an immobiliser warning, and I was still able to program keys/fobs.
I bought the new cph from eBay and they didn't give me the code. I messaged them asking for it and no positive feedback. Anyway I am not sure if my ECU is unlocked. But it ran with out the CPH for over a year now. The previous owner had got it started some how. If it is locked how to get the immobiliser funtion disable. Cant lexia do it. When I connected lexia it won't detect the ECU. If the ECU is already unlocked when the CPH is removed should the car start or not. I tried that also but no start.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

Now I need to find a way to start it without the CPH like it was before.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

I found a complete ECU kit with key, transponder. The data of my car & the donor car matches except the ECU no. Mine is a Xantia 2 & the donor car shows as Xantia. Both YOM is also 2000 and the engine gearbox codes are also same. In the attached data sheets the 1st one is min & 2nd is the donor car. The supplier says that this will fit. The ECU connection clip also same. What do you think guys will this fit. ImageImage
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

superloopy wrote:Did you get the code for the set?
Not yet. If the code is available will it fit.
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Going by the RP number the second car is a 1996 model so it wont even have a CPH :?
Chetiya Dias
My Cars:

Post by Chetiya Dias »

Can someone help me find a set. A picture of my ECU is attached. ImageImage
2000 Xantia 2. 2.0i 16v