service cost?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: service cost?

Post by qprdude »

Well sorry, but I can't see two tiers in the advert, simply a choice of full or interim services, and a price for the two services with an MOT if required. I don't see any mention of " Genuine Citroen parts", or cheaper unapproved parts. I don't know where the first dealer I tried got his "fixed price" of £250 .

I could be missing something from the Citroen UK advert, and it would be good if someone could point it out to me. :?

At Citroën we believe in offering surprising value and hassle-free motoring. That's why we've created our fixed price Interim and Full service options for cars aged 3 years or older. With the added reassurance that your vehicle will only ever be serviced by an expert trained Citroën Technician, using only Genuine & Approved Citroën parts, you can be confident that your vehicle is in safe hands.

[/color]From this website:-

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services ... tAodeWkAOg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

The service plan I had for 4 years with the Citroen dealer was £1100. That included MOT's and 10% off any repairs and a full service every year as I was doing about 20k miles every year.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Sometimes the adverts for clutches, brakes etc list two prices for doing the work with Genuine Citroen or Quality After Market parts .... the servicing doesn't but it does say things like diesel fuel filter and gearbox oil replacement are dependent on engine type
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

THELABMAN wrote:Sometimes the adverts for clutches, brakes etc list two prices for doing the work with Genuine Citroen or Quality After Market parts .... the servicing doesn't but it does say things like diesel fuel filter and gearbox oil replacement are dependent on engine type
Ahhhh.the marketing departments life blood....ambiguity and the English language
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I understand all that, but the advert really is quite straightforward. There is one price for full service, one price for interim, and no mention of different parts. No mention of a more costly fixed deal for better parts.
The annoying thing is that the first dealer quoted a more expensive "fixed price" that doesn't exist on the website. He didn't give the £195 option. I considered that to be out of order. Only when questioned did he try to waffle his way out of it by blaming the use of "inferior" parts.
Rick.

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I agree with you mate....you can always run it past the advertising regulator
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I think the confusion may be creeping in because Citroen do a two tier parts/servicing option.
See:
http://info.citroen.co.uk/finance-and-s ... ce-repairs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's Citroen Originals and Citroen Essentials.
Originals uses "Original equipment Citroën parts fitted by the experts."
Essentials uses "Citroën approved parts fitted by the experts that are a more cost effective solution for the older Citroën vehicle."
I certainly recall Citroen adverts for straightforward servicing using this two tier pricing.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

that is for a "CITROËN FIXED PRICE REPAIRS", it does not say anything on the "servicing-offer" page about two types of product
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

The Citroen "essentials" and Citroen "originals" are for repairs, and are marked as such on the website. I can see where the dealer might be confused, but where the hell did he get a price of £250, after informing me that his dealership participated in the fixed price servicing. I asked for a service, not a fixed price repair. There really is no excuse. A service is a service, a repair is a repair.
Sticky, I might be tempted to ask Citroen why their participating dealers are quoting prices plucked from mid-air, but only AFTER I have the car serviced on Thursday.

I'm not saying the £250 quote is a bad price, just a different one to the advertised deal. Hey listen guys, the £195 one I have chosen, at West Heath Garage in Farnborough might turn out to be crap, but if I could tell what's best in advance, I'd be a rich man instead of a poverty stricken displaced jock. :roll: :oops: :^o
Rick.

bobins
Donor 2023
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Stickyfinger wrote:that is for a "CITROËN FIXED PRICE REPAIRS", it does not say anything on the "servicing-offer" page about two types of product
Indeed, but as I said, I certainly recall Citroen adverts for straightforward servicing using this two tier pricing.

As an aside, PSA sold off their Motaquip offshoot a couple of months ago.
bobins
Donor 2023
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

The Terms and Conditions for the Servicing and MOT certainly list two tier servicing:
Quote:
"b. Servicing & MOT
Offer applicable to retail customers only. All prices inclusive of parts, labour, consumables and VAT. Prices correct as at March 2014. ‘Originals’ range offer applicable for all Citroën vehicles from point of registration. ‘Essentials’ range and servicing offer applicable for Citroën vehicles 36 months and older from point of registration."
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

bobins wrote:The Terms and Conditions for the Servicing and MOT certainly list two tier servicing:
Quote:
"b. Servicing & MOT
Offer applicable to retail customers only. All prices inclusive of parts, labour, consumables and VAT. Prices correct as at March 2014. ‘Originals’ range offer applicable for all Citroën vehicles from point of registration. ‘Essentials’ range and servicing offer applicable for Citroën vehicles 36 months and older from point of registration."
Well there ya go....

bit sneaky that.....no good for a big company to be that evasive, bad carma
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Yes, I can see that now, after much searching. Not what I would call open and clear advertising. The point that this now brings up is. My car is obviously over three years old, and the first dealer knew this, as he was given all the details of the car, but still didn't mention the £195 service. Help me again and point out where it says the "originals" service is fixed at £250. Yes, I know I'm beginning to sound a bit pedantic but I think the attempt to sell the dearer service without mentioning the cheaper option for cars over 3 years old was just a tad suspect.
Oh well, he's lost out on his service mark-up and Citroen won't be getting my custom for any future services or repairs as I'm only getting this done to keep the warranty valid until it runs out in July.
After that, I shall be asking for recommendations for a good Indy in Surrey.
Rick.

bobins
Donor 2023
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

qprdude wrote:.......and Citroen won't be getting my custom for any future services or repairs as I'm only getting this done to keep the warranty valid until it runs out in July.
That was exactly the conclusion I came to when I got my C5 serviced at the main dealers. I've got a very low opinion of any main dealers, and I'm afraid that my experiences with Citroen main dealers left me thinking they were no better than dodgy back street garages :(
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

You are probably right bobins, but they have that all important stamp.

Strangely enough, the garage I bought the car from in Scotland (Citroen/ Renault/Saab), have been very good, changing stuff for free that wasn't under warranty and even calling Citroen UK and getting them to pay.

700+ miles is a helluva hike for a last service though. I asked them about the warranty and they said that as long as I got the service done at a Citroen dealership, they would honour the deal .
Rick.