service cost?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

service cost?

Post by qprdude »

Anyone got a rough idea of the cost of a full service at a Citroen main agent? 2008 C5 2.2 hdi manual.(exclusive)
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: service cost?

Post by RichardW »

Too much!

And depends on what you mean by 'full' service. Oil + filter, air filter, diesel filter, pollen filter, brake fluid, cam belt, fleeced for new brakes all round ("They're 90% worn, sir")..... :lol:
Richard W
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

My last regular at 126k kms cost me approx. 130GBP (all required parts + work) at the Citroen Dealer ...
hattershaun
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C6 3.0HDi Exclusive
SM 3.0 manual 1972
DS 23 Pallas 1975
GSA Pallas C-Matic 1982
C3 Pluriel 2009

Post by hattershaun »

If you wish to use a main dealer, then most of them have service offers, as advertised on the Citroen website.
£195 seems good value to me.
http://info.citroen.co.uk/servicing-offer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaun

C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive - 2010
SM 3.0 - 1972
DS 23 Pallas - 1975
GSA Pallas C-Matic - 1982
C3 Pluriel - 2009
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

hattershaun wrote:If you wish to use a main dealer, then most of them have service offers, as advertised on the Citroen website.
£195 seems good value to me.
http://info.citroen.co.uk/servicing-offer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah, but that's not the service cost for a 2.2 HDI C5. Probably a C1. The advert is very ambiguous,(or devious).
£195 for a full service is very good value on the face of it, and I followed the procedure by entering my postcode to find my nearest service centre. I asked if they participated in the Citroen fixed price servicing and they said that they do.
I then asked (always check before booking), what the cost of a full service for my car would be and they said £250.
Needless to say, I shall be looking around, but probably also contacting Citroen to aske for an explanation.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

OK, got a reply on my ansaphone from another local(ish) service centre who quoted me the Citroen website price of £195 for a full service, so I guess someone is trying a little ripping off!.
A bit blatant, given that the Citroen website clearly states the fixed rate. Question is.....is it ethical to name and shame on here, (or even legal), or do I just forget it and move on?
Rick.

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I would name and shame Rick. Whack it into the recommended bit as a not recommended as I did.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

Maybe its time for a holiday Rick.. just instead of heading up North.. head South East.. Croatia.. nice place for a holiday and a service it seems!!
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

It depends on what you need to have done on the car ... also, it helps if you're a regular, and just by walking through the door your get 30% off everything ... :D ... at that service interval I also had the gearbox oil changed, but I didn't include that in the stated price, or some other non-standard (non-service) bits, the actual bill was quite higher ... but the regular maintenance is approx. 130 GBP like stated (Total oil + filters + work)
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

The full service items are documented in the Citroen website so that you can see the difference between full and interim.

Needless to say, before the car goes in, the relevant filters etc will be marked.

Considering the X7 2.2 HDI service interval is supposed to be 2 years, £195 is a very cheap deal. Not that anyone would seriously allow 2 years between services.....I hope!

Bit of a problem though, SWIMBO has not been well and we had intended to have a day out when the car was being serviced so it will be postponed for a while.

Copy of part of the email reply from the first Citroen garage.

(The fixed price full service is £250 inc, lift is not a problem.

I can do any day next week, let me know what is best for you.

We are open from 8am for lifts and do waiting apointments at 8am,10.15am, 1.45pm)

I wonder which part of "full service for £195 at participating dealerships" he is having trouble understanding?
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Maybe they're not a participating dealership? ... :D
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

vborovic wrote:Maybe they're not a participating dealership? ... :D

Sorry, VB,should have made that clear. That was the first thing I asked of both dealers and they both said yes, they were participating dealerships.
Rick.

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

OK. I have now booked the car in for the full service as described in the Citroen "fixed price service" deal. I phoned the garage in Farnborough to discuss the service as I don't believe that the advertised "gearbox oil change" can be included in that price, although it is on the full service itinerary. The guy said he would have to check, as it sounded unlikely to be included. I have left it open for the time being, and will discuss further when I take the car in on Thursday. I have opted for a lift into the town centre for the 3 hours or so that the service will take.
Co-incidentally, the guy at the other place got in touch to see if I still wanted the car serviced at their place. When I explained that his competitor was doing the service for the advertised price, his excuse was that they would be using "Motaquip" parts and wouldn't include the pollen filter, which would account for his price of £250!!! So £65 for the pollen filter and Citroen parts?
I explained that the Citroen website clearly states that they will only use Citroen parts (do Citroen even make air/oil filters and diesel elements? They certainly don't make oil!)
He also said that the £250 would ensure the service record was all Citroen main dealer stamps. Both garages are Citroen main dealers, so he kind of lost me there. Did he mean that there might be another stamp in existence at a dealership that says " Citroen-ish)?
I felt as if there was a rip-off in progress, but I couldn't be bothered arguing as it sounded like he wasn't going to conform to the advertised service no matter what.
I will check up on the parts to be used and the pollen filter on Thursday, but I am more comfortable with my new choice of garage. Time will tell if the cheaper option turns out to be a good or bad idea, but if I stick to the one with the advertised fixed price and parts, at least I will have a comeback if it turns to Rat-s*it.
Rick.

vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Citroen doesn't do any of those parts (they label them at most) ... the pollen filter shouldn't cost more that 15 GBP
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

As I understand it, the deals have two tiers - one using original Citroen-branded parts, and the other approved pattern parts.
IMHO, as long as they are of decent quality, the standard of workmanship is far more important than the origin of the spares.