n/s caliper C5 2.0 hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

garrydog
My Cars:

n/s caliper C5 2.0 hdi

Post by garrydog »

Hi
I have had a seized n/s brake caliper on my C5 ,the problem was the hand brake shaft seized. I removed the caliper from the car and put it in the vice then removed the hand brake lever from the caliper . but unfortunately on freeing the hand brake the prison unwound . I got oil down the shaft and now the shaft is free , I then put the piston back in and wound it back in ready to refit. I have now refited the caliper to the car but I now have a problem as follows.
The hand brake is working the wrong way , pulling the cable the handbrake is released.
Can someone please explain to me how the mechanism works on the handbrake inside the caliper? Is it simply that I have put the leaver on in the wrong position?
2004 C5 VTR 2.0L HDI hatchback.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: n/s caliper C5 2.0 hdi

Post by wheeler »

Have you got the return spring on the wrong side of the calliper lever so its pushing it on rather than pulling it off ? Check the lever & return spring setup on the other side calliper, it should be an exact mirror image.
garrydog
My Cars:

Re: n/s caliper C5 2.0 hdi

Post by garrydog »

I have removed the return spring now. If I move the handbrake lever towards the rear of the car the handbrake is released, if I move the lever towards the front of the car the handbrake is applied .
2004 C5 VTR 2.0L HDI hatchback.