Resyncing Xsara key with Lexia - need tutorial

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scubaman66
My Cars:

Resyncing Xsara key with Lexia - need tutorial

Post by scubaman66 »

Hi

I've searched here and I've searched the web but I can't seem to find a tutorial/instructions as how to recode/resync a Xsara ignition key using Lexia.

Can anyone assist?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Resyncing Xsara key with Lexia - need tutorial

Post by RichardW »

Hi scubaman - welcome!

If you can start the car then it should just need synching. This can be done by just putting the key in the ignition and pressing the lock button for a few seconds. If it won't start the car then you will need to re code it with lexia. Note you cannot re code a key that has been coded to another car. You will need the 4 digit code that came with the car. Once connected go into the bsi and then find key learning (under maintenance I think) - and just follow the instructions on screen - you need to do all the keys you want (including any that are still working), so when it asks how many keys, enter the total, not just new keys. You still need to synch the locking once you have coded all the keys.
Richard W
scubaman66
My Cars:

Re: Resyncing Xsara key with Lexia - need tutorial

Post by scubaman66 »

Many thanks

It's the existing key that has lost sync and won't start the car so I need to resync that one plus I'm going to get a new one cut (with a new transponder) so 2 keys in total.