C5 Mk3 - Lights Problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cicero1973

C5 Mk3 - Lights Problems

Post by cicero1973 »

Hello folks,

Have a problem with my Citroen C5 Mk3 lights.. thought someone can help...

Turn on the lights (dimms) - lights do not turn on although it indicates on dashboard they are on. The brights turn on without problems. Guide me home will not turn the dims. Parking lights, indicators and fog lights all work.

Checked all settings and seems all is in order. Board computer (when starting and also when pressing the CHECK button) do not indicate any issues.

I have not checked the fuse box yet, although I doubt it is something from the fuses/fuse box since both headlamps do not work and are controlled by different fuses.

In anycase, any ideas what is could be? Something I could check outside bulbs and fuses? (though would be strange that both bulbs and fuses get faulty at the same time)

What is the effort in changing the bulbs on a Citroen C5? Any experience?

Car is:

Citroen C5 Mk3 VTR+ Nav (YOM 2009) 160 HDi (Saloon)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

cicero...
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 Mk3 - Lights Problems

Post by vborovic »

By dimms, I guess you mean the dipped lights, and by parking lights the sidelamps (those that are in the upper corner of the main beams)? You won't get any error by the CHECK button (it can display an error with the tire pressure and some other stuff, but not when bulbs go off, etc.) ... for both main beam lights to not work would mean either they both died out, or both dipped beams fuses went out (F17 & F18 under the bonnet fuse box). No extra effort necessary to change the bulbs, done all of them.
cicero1973

Re: C5 Mk3 - Lights Problems

Post by cicero1973 »

Hi

thanks mate for the quick answer and feedback. I will take a look at the fuse box and bulbs then.

regards

cicero.