Relay van running issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cyberhopper

Relay van running issues

Post by Cyberhopper »

I have a relay van 2011 which i bought second hand from a van dealer with 99000 on the clock.... had it a year now, first thing i found was its drinking water, have to fill up the cooling water quite a lot, i would think every 1~3000 miles, no leaks but one can smell the antifreeze from the exhaust, which also feels damp. Recently i have been getting a loss of power when i change gear, this only happens when its warm. Wiggling the accelerator the power comes back but is a bit disconcerting as there is no notable point that it loses power, one day fine, next not.. Call the local citroen dealer, oh have to plug it in and do a diagnostics on the van... I looked round the internet and saw a post that said the EGR valve sometimes get blocked, so removed it and it was black but not oily or blocked, everything seemed to move ok, the little sensor before the intake was a ball of gunge so cleaned that up. on test it was no different, but next day was fine, and has been for about 3 months, but now I'm get the loss of power back again. in the mean time the dash oil sensor has been going down, It was meant to have had a full service when I first got the van, but didn't like the colour of the oil and the sensor was also dropping so I changed it after I had run for 6000 miles, ( i don't like the idea of the 25000mile service intervals) since the oil change i have put another 6000 miles on it and the oil sensor showed no squares on the dash, I check the oil with the drip stick, and it showed full, up to marks, so thought I would run it until the dash light come on. the loss of power is back again and this time waggling the accelerator doesn't have any effect, again it when the van is warm, and after changing gear, it also has something to do with the sensor from the accelerator pedal which talks to the engine. problem i is it so intermittent that if that sensor was down it would be all the time. dash oil level now had got to no squares, next day said four squares... the other morning when going to work, lost power on the dual-carriageway, changed down, waggled the pedal, nothing, so dipped the clutch, turned the engine off and after a few seconds started and off she went again as if there was not a problem..... this has how happened about 3 times now. Has anyone got any idea what it might be.

Its either a faulty oil sensor that putting it to "limp" mode as it thinks it got no oil, the sensor that talks to the engine from the pedal, or a broken wire in that circuit which due to vibrations sometimes doesn't make contact, I don't think the EGR valve is at fault as it works when the engine is cold. would the turbo be having a hic-up, but then it would be all the time?

I have tried to ask Mr Citroen but all they say is we have to plug it in.... I have heard so many stories of garages replacing parts as it might be that on and it isn't...

Please help, Cyberhopper.
Bick

Re: Relay van running issues

Post by Bick »

I understand you concerns with Citroen but you do need to get it diaged, it is very difficult to detect the problem these days without doing this.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Many of the FCF members own Lexia/Diagbox systems and offer diagnostic sessions to other members for a very modest cost or consideration (usually in the form of some bottled refreshments).

Have a look in this thread and it's attendant map to locate someone close to you then contact them via the forum PM system to agree on a session.
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Is it the 2.2 engine? If so its the same as the transit.
Cyberhopper

Post by Cyberhopper »

Citroen have have the van in and read the fault codes, said there are temporary faults with the EGR valve, Cam sensor and fuel limiter valve, all of which could cause a problem with the running issues I have, but..... at the time of the test everything was running as it should... have updated the engine managment and told me to test it.... so far after 150 miles seems to be working ok.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Fingers crossed and thanks for the update.
Cyberhopper

Post by Cyberhopper »

Update,

Van started playing up again, so back to citroen, no fault codes that would make the van hesitate with loss of power when pressing the accelerator pedal. technician looked on citroens faults page and came back that the High pressure fuel regulator was probably the cause and recommended that I change this first. Have now changed it but haven't been on a longish run to test it.
Bick

Post by Bick »

It sounds like you have had pretty good service from Citroen lets hope that have it this time!