C5 2002 (52) 110BHP anti pollution fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C5 2002 (52) 110BHP anti pollution fault

Post by RichardW »

2 in week :lol: Nice to meet Peter this afternoon (even if it was grey and dank here :roll: )

Lexia met C5 and reported a slew of faults related to the MAF sensor. Ah, thinks I, I've got one off the Xantia I can stick on for a test, but no.....it's a different diameter frustratingly! Then just as we were about to close the bonnet I noticed the wire to the MAF looking a bit odd just where it is under the air pipe - a little investigation reveals the wire is rubbed through the insulation. A ha! Freed it off a bit (it's in a right awkward spot right alongside the fuse box), then taped up the exposed wire, and cable tied it back out of the way. That sort of failure ties in with the faults recorded, and sporadic nature of the fault, so I'm cautiously optimistic... [-o< wait till it's been driven a bit and see whether there's any improvement 8-[
Richard W
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Re: C5 2002 (52) 110BHP anti pollution fault

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Richard,

It was lovely meeting you too and thanks for everything you done on Friday.... as you now know from my PM to you that car ran great to I was going into work on Saturday and the pesky anti pollution fault came on again only this time it's never once went away so I'm going to have to get this bared wire looked at by an auto electrician .... I was hoping to phone the guy who fitted my Com2000 unit today but I came out the dentist and some get has swiped the rear of the car on the bumper and somehow managed to pull the entire rear lens of the light housing so I've had to order a new one to get it fitted and then see how funds are looking for a call to sort the wire out...

Peter
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)