To DAB or not DAB

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

THELABMAN
My Cars:

Re: To DAB or not DAB

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi Bandit, I don't regret going for DAB rather than say a Bluetooth head unit as the advantages do outweigh the negatives... maybe if I done a lot of long distance driving it might be different but normally the furthest I go is 30 miles into work... I was forced to change as I'd no reception on my factory unit so I'd no other option... the only thing I'm glad of is that the head unit I did buy has both an Auxiliary input for an MP3 player and a USB port... to be honest I've a 16GB memory stick plugged in and listen to my music on it probably more than the radio at times
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Post by Bandit12 »

Right, bullet is bitten and i've just ordered this bad boy :-D

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dab/car ... -dab-ready" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I emailed the company and they gave clear advice on all the bits like the stalk control, DAB aerial and facia. they even included a link to utube for fitting a DAB aerial

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should be here by the weekend for me to fit

Bandit :-D
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You should be all right with that, I like pioneer stuff. I fitted a cheap pioneer with a USB input to my C5 and it sounds in a different league to the original radio.

Peter
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)

Post by Bandit12 »

Thanks for the tip Peter.

One question tho, There are more connectors on the back of the original radio than can be used to connect the replacement.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 5&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would like to double check that I do not need to hook up the smaller yellow green and blue coloured plugs which hook up the stalk control, amplifier and underseat cd changer.

I'm happy to lose the cd changer and have a replacement using a 3.5mm jack for the stalk control. My question is wont I still need to use the amplifier?

Bandit
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Don't know about your set but I got an adaptor lead from ebay when I bought mine. I still had to swap the power permanant and switched feeds round though or it lost its memory, there is provision for doing that on the lead. I couldn't use the remote controls on mine though or the remote display, there are only a few sets will do that then you need an adaptor lead. Now they have a proper rotary volume control on the front I don't worry about the remote.

Peter
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)

Post by Bandit12 »

Well its all fitted and working perfectly, stalk adaptor, everything :-D I am a very happy bunny :-D I also found something on the DAB called PlanetRock which is now the default station. Its got lots of flashing lights and buttons so it must be good :lol:
Even fitting the DAB aerial was a piece of cake :-D

Bandit :-D