ZX TD Coil light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

ZX TD Coil light

Post by louis1 »

I have recently taken my engine out and done the clutch. It is now all back in and runs fine other than one prob. When i start the car it starts fine but once started for a few seconds, the coil light (glow plug heater) comes back on for about 10 seconds and then goes out again, any suggestions (i have cleaned the glow plug connections). Also how easy is a cluth cable to fit on the same car, and if i want to add some front spot light to it how easy is it and are the connectors already there.
cheers Louis
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Louis -
You may still have a wiring/connector problem round the glowplug timer relay. With the work done drivepack out/in there is large possibility that part of the wiring has been disturbed.
Since the heavy gauge glowplug wiring itself has nothing to do with controlling the glowplug time - look over the thin gauge wiring to the timer relay.
Note that the glowplug timer relay has 2 separate timing functions :
1) A set time for the instrument panel lamp approx 7 - 10 sec's, to signal the driver delays engine start untill it will positively ignite.
2) A variable time for the glowplugs - depending on temperature timing the glowplugs on for several minutes (even up to 30 min's in some cases) - ensuring the engine runs stable and pollution free untill it's warm.
Both timer functions are of course triggered simultaneously by the ignition key.
As for the clutch cable try search button upper right - it's a common issue.
Not sure you'll find the foglamps circuit ready wired. Usually you may find an empty 2pole connector near each headlamp.