C5 audio/bluetooth.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: C5 audio/bluetooth.

Post by Stickyfinger »

It does not look like a (what is reported on the internet) as a BlueTooth head unit, I wonder if this is one of the cars fitted with the "dealer option" BlueTooth kits rather than the factory fit option that came later ?

As is, I do not know and without the unit out to see the code/maker/country I do not think I can help......is there anything in your Glove box/Arm rest ?

Also, maybe these guys can help....if it is a dealer option kit, I think it was the "Gateway" unit that was fitted/offered
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I went trough all the C5 manuals that I have, it is probably a RD45 unit, but the manual (latest available version, in Croatian), only describes calling & music streaming (A2DP/AVRCP), no mention of any messages being displayed on the screen ... the Dension Gateway could be built in, but I don't think they're compatible with displaying custom error messages (at least if I recall correctly when I was reading through their manuals when I wanted to get for for my car, while I still had myWay in) ...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

That's what I "think" as well.....if it is that Tunisian made (EU and Russia/East) RD45 then as far as I know it is the early Bluetooth chip which is limited in what it can do/transmit, eg basic Calls/Mic (by mirror) and stream music and only track number info......can only tell if the unit is popped out.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

C5´s had factory fitted external bluetooth and usb box for a long time with RD4. I think here in Finland it was from 2009 on, don´t know when RD45 came available. Car´s without it have audio in connector in the glove box, and those with this box are with audio + usb in in the arm rest.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Gateways fitted
http://www.dension.com/sites/default/fi ... 4_2014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
johnsail
My Cars: 2 x Xantia
2 x C5 Tourer
peugeot 206 Roland Garros
Peugeot 208 Firenzia

Post by johnsail »

Hi Guys.
Now you really have lost me.
But I, too. have a USB connector in the centre arm rest. It is surrounded by a rubbery type cover under which is another, different type of connection socket. This is about the size of an SD card slot. I assume that this is intended for use with some sort of diagnostic equipment as it cannot be used unless the cover is first removed.
I have tried a USB stick in the USB socket and, when selected by the 'source buttonon the head unit it comes up with "USB connection error". I have formatted the stick as FAT32 as per the nanual and tried with both mp3 and ogg files (both acceptable formats according to the book.

Q. Can the head unit be removed by an amateur and, if so, is the security link to the car compromised?

Q. If the head unit is changed how is the security with the new unit established?

John
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

We're not sure which exact option you have (just the radio, or the radio with an additional usb box device, which sits between the USB plug and the radio, to which you connect ... bluetto possibly included), that's why we can't really help you on the audio issue you described in the opening post ... as for the two questions:

Yes, it can be removed by an amateur (you need the right tools for removal, either a pair of below, or 4 small screwdrivers, which will unhook the holding clips that stick the radio in place opposed to the surrounding walls ... the tools need to be pushed towards the outside for the radio to come out, no excess strength necessary):

The "security link" that connects the radio unit and a car is the VIN code, which can be only changed with the diagnostic tool Lexia/DiagBox, connected to the orange top connector in the central handrest compartment ... when a unit is placed in a different car (VIN doesn't match), it will work, but you'll get a loud beep out of the speakers every 8-10 seconds (something like that).
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Can´t be RD45 because there´s that TA/PTY -button. Should be only TA if RD45.

PSA usb box is the original part that was factory fitted with RD4 before RD45 came available.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

johnsail wrote:I have tried a USB stick in the USB socket and, when selected by the 'source buttonon the head unit it comes up with "USB connection error". I have formatted the stick as FAT32 as per the nanual and tried with both mp3 and ogg files (both acceptable formats according to the book.

Q. Can the head unit be removed by an amateur and, if so, is the security link to the car compromised?...YES

Q. If the head unit is changed how is the security with the new unit established? , NEW unit Lexia, reconnect old unit, No Problems

John
Cars with the USB connection had that disabled when fitted with a Bluetooth Denison....that could be the reason for that
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider