C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

Post by Stickyfinger »

The chrome trims on the tailgate on the car on the left are more then likely aftermarket
Yes they are, used to protect the boot lip and I thought the bottom of the glass needed finishing :) as all the other angles on the car have chrome strips/details/badges....why not the back ? :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well I'll kind of be entering the Exclusive club soon :D Pics to follow in my blog later in the week :D
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

KP wrote:Well I'll kind of be entering the Exclusive club soon :D Pics to follow in my blog later in the week :D
Has your application been approved then? :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If people can join willy-nilly it cannot be that Exclusive!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

No one said the club was free, if you have a few quid to spare, you're welcome to join us ... :D ...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Harpo Marx wrote:I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Watch this space, i too will be purchasing an X7 in the very near future. Spec undetermined as yet, can't decide if i want an Exclusive without nav or a VTR+ nav. Finding an Exclusive with nav in the right colour (red or black)is proving difficult.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
Deano24v

Post by Deano24v »

i have a red exclusive tourer. I didnt want Nav as lets be honest it isnt great. The only plus point is it makes the dash look better. The only thing i wish the Exclusive came with as standard was Xenons. Comning from a car with them the difference is large. I fitted brighter bulbs but even so.
-2008 Exlusive 2.2 HDi 173 Tourer-
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The navigation isn't great, but get's the job done ... if you have the latest maps and firmware, it works flawlessly ... I navigated more than 2000 miles across Europe with the myway & emyway, second better that the first of course, but I never needed my Android's Navigon ... as a driver, I had the chance to use Garmin, TomTom, iGo, etc in the previous years ... and I don't know what more you could want from the PSA car nav units ... except take them out for a stroll ...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

In Built Sat Nav does work in another car or van or the house run about (wife/son/daughters) or when out walking in a strange town.......I will stick with a portable one until I can stream Google maps for free
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I'm always up for full maps in a device (no streaming), because experience taught me that in the most crucial time there will be no phone signal, let alone internet connectivity ... that way you don't worry whether you have all the required maps or not during your trip ...

This is one difference for you lot that live in the UK ... most of your driving is within your country ... where I live, I can travel within 3 hours through 4-5 countries ... and in each you have roaming that can be more expensive than buying the actual Garmin handled device with a map ... :D ... example, if you don't have roaming options, the default roaming price for 1 MB is approx 0,2 GBP ... or, 100 MB for 20 GBP ... I'd imagine there are flat-rate-on-everything monthly subscriptions on your carriers for 20 GBP ...
Jelly_Owner
My Cars: Citroen C5 Mk III 3.0 V6 Diesel Tourer

Post by Jelly_Owner »

I've got a 2011 Exclusive. It's a V6 with the Navidrive NG4 unit and I've just updated the firmware and the maps. Has anybody here ever tried removing the hard drive from the NG4 and attaching it to a PC and then copying the files from the DVDs? It's a bit of a pain driving round for the best part of a couple of hours while the thing does the updates.

Going back to an earlier comment about portable sat navs compared to the inbuilt jobbies, I recently did a trip to the south of France with both the Navidrive and a Tomtom Via Live 120 guiding me. They're both fine for peage and the like but they're vastly different when in towns and cities. The Tomtom would guide me down narrow back streets - a bit of a struggle sometimes in a C5 - whereas the Navidrive would normally take me down main roads. That's with them both set to fastest route. One big advantage of the Tomtom however is the ability to add one's own POIs. I've yet to discover a way to do that on the NG4.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

No that I'm aware of such a procedure, all the people that have NG4s do it that way (I know quite a few people from different forums) ... the one manual regarding the NG4 that I have doesn't say anything about the POI adding ... if possible, the logic should be that you can save the current car location by a context menu ... that's how it was on the myway and how it is on the emyway navigation units ... as for the difference between handheld & car units, your argument is valid, but you need to take into consideration that maybe the handheld has a filter, of which roads to include (I remember on one Garmin I had, you could finely tune the roads that will be available for the routing ... from the local ones, even including gravel, to only the major ones) ...
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

Jelly_Owner wrote:I've got a 2011 Exclusive. It's a V6 with the Navidrive NG4 unit and I've just updated the firmware and the maps. Has anybody here ever tried removing the hard drive from the NG4 and attaching it to a PC and then copying the files from the DVDs? It's a bit of a pain driving round for the best part of a couple of hours while the thing does the updates.

Going back to an earlier comment about portable sat navs compared to the inbuilt jobbies, I recently did a trip to the south of France with both the Navidrive and a Tomtom Via Live 120 guiding me. They're both fine for peage and the like but they're vastly different when in towns and cities. The Tomtom would guide me down narrow back streets - a bit of a struggle sometimes in a C5 - whereas the Navidrive would normally take me down main roads. That's with them both set to fastest route. One big advantage of the Tomtom however is the ability to add one's own POIs. I've yet to discover a way to do that on the NG4.
I have removed the hard disk only to make a backup and check the file system. If it is just a matter of moving files (like you would do for media files for example) there is no issue. If the map disks however have compressed files and a special installer I don't think it will work.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

vborovic wrote: of which roads to include (I remember on one Garmin I had, you could finely tune the roads that will be available for the routing ... from the local ones, even including gravel, to only the major ones) ...
Yep. AKA TOMTOM...and others I am sure.

TomTom gives, Shortest (miles/km) , Quickest (in time), Toll road free (a right laugh in London), Pre Planned, 1 mile ahead, 2mile 5miles Road blocked. in a ---- Walking, Truck, Car
(On dedicated unit OR now on IPhone and Android)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider