C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: C5 X7 VTR+ vs Exclusive

Post by Stickyfinger »

same same but Split Leather and no SatNav (who cares) and no Swedish massage girls in the seat.

SO who has Parking Space Assist then ? :) .....I tried a Ford with self parking.....wonderful :)....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

If you mean the option of the measuring the available parking space (left or right), I have it on mine ...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

vborovic wrote:If you mean the option of the measuring the available parking space (left or right), I have it on mine ...
Retro fitted ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

No, factory fitted ... you can check by my VIN if you like ... we're discussing factory trims, not custom exhibitions, in this topic, right? ... :D ...
osx
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: GSA X
BX 1.6
C5 X7 Auto
C5 X7x2 Manual

Post by osx »

The only thing I changed on my Exclusive were the 19" alloys as they did not do justice to the car (more noise, harder ride, lower mpg, more expensive tyres). Will probably buy the VTR+ for my father after a test drive as it seems a very good deal.
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

I think the VTR's are exceptional value at the moment, I had very specific reasons for the liquid suspension,if not I would most certainly go for a VTR Nav with the glass roof in 2ltr D form.

Most of those on the market now are ex Fleet (Rep) cars and thus should be well serviced.
The "Type" of \Rep/Area Manager who chooses a big Citroen is not the type of Rep/AM who thrashes a car....those "young guns" get small BMW's and Audi's and would not be seen dead in an old mans car.

Trust me, in my day when the other guys were after Hot Hatches and the trendy stuff like 190D's, I decided (and even paid a supplement) to choose a beautiful Anthracite SAAB 900Turbo with black leather....choose to be different :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

vborovic wrote:No, factory fitted ... you can check by my VIN if you like .
or Christmas Trees :) LOL

Re the Parking Aids, I was looking at fitting a set of front sensors to my car in the summer and was going to ask (if you had added them) if they all fitted into the same system as the rear ones (fitted) or if lots of extras need fitting.....hence my question, you have after all fitted lots of other stuff to your car ;)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

If I recall correctly (this was discussed in another topic a few months ago, can't remember which), there are different parking computers available, I'd say your only has 2 input connectors, the F+R sensors version must have 3 input connectors ... you'd need the other parking computer, new or used, the full front parking sensors (with the side bumper sensors as well), a different button set (behind the wheel, to add the middle parking space initiation button), Lexia/Diagbox to program the parking computer, the BSI and the nav/central unit ... I'd say the biggest issue is how to wire everything to work ... the first step would be for you to check the current situation on the parking computer (it is hidden in the boot, behind the left cover/box .. the one with the net to hold items), pull it out, and you'll see the computer, a small black box, attached at the top of the opening (hangs on a plastic bracket, hard to miss really)

On another note, while investigating the things I could put in my car, I found a used engine (~60k miles I think), 2.2 HDi (not sure if 170 or 200 BHP) ... price approx. 1600 GBP ... :D ... but, no, I won't be attempting that ...
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

qprdude wrote:I'm happy enough with my Exclusive.
19" Alloys, Sat Nav, Full Leather, 2 zone air-con, 4 x puddle lights, 4 x footwell lights, mood lighting, rear and side window blinds, accoustic front and side windows, pavement/corner lights, DRL, comfort entry exit seats, 8 way heated electric front seats with massage function and memory drivers seat, Electric handbrake, CD and jukebox audio and onboard computer plus the usual stuff.
Quite enough toys for me, and I'm sure I'm have forgotten some.
I'm sure the exclusive was the only one with Hydractive as standard, and that it was an optional extra on the early VTR+
Same here except 17" alloys instead of 19" (ouch) and no sat nav. Seats also just half-leather, but I like them.

It´s quite funny that if I would buy now a new C5 exclusive, I couldn´t get all the same gizmos even if I wanted to. At least interior mood lighting isn´t available anymore, same goes with rear footwell lights, door pocket lights and acoustic rear side windows.

I thought that there is only one H3+ available for X7 besides steel springs and no other non-hydractive suspensions? Or does someone have one without sport button? Manual handbrake is good indicator for steel springs if you are looking for a X7...
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Today I saw an interesting X7 Exclusive Tourer on a parking lot, with new front headlights and new tail lights (meaning, LED DRLs & red/white taillights, which should be only on redesigned cars after 2012), but the car had old chevrons (pointy ones) on the front hood, rear boot & the steering wheel ... now, it is not impossible to retrofit the items in question, but from my research so far, I thought only the redesigned (2012 year onwards) C5s had the LED DRL headlights with the red/white tail lights ... a visual of what I'm trying to point out is below ...

old vs. new DRL

old vs. new taillights

OT: I don't know if any one of you saw this customization ... a bit overkill, but really cool IMO:

Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

LED DRL and pointy chevrons were available atleast in 2011. I think rounded chevrons came much later than those new lights. Here in Finland there´s very many of those LED DRL´s, but not so many with rounded chevrons.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Like I said, according to my research, that shouldn't be possible ... the redesigned 2012 model (rounded chevrons) was explicitly marketed as the one having the newest LED DRLs & new taillights ... but of course, in practice, I saw many of the cars with both new light units and the old chevron, so again, Citroen made claims that can't be backed up (i.e. the emyway was advertised as being able to accept the reversing camera, but what they didn't say is only certain models have the HW to support it) ... etc ...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I wonder if there are Citroen owners who are 'fashion conscious' who like the look of the newer light clusters, and so have paid out for them.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I could be one among them, but the price of new ones (even the cheaper non-Valeo variants) is much to high ... halogens, not xenons ... I'll stick to other projects on the car, but the LED DRLs are something that's been bugging me for a long time ... :D
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Stickyfinger wrote:Exterior fittings in the UK also change, these two are the same year, Exclusive has Silver roof bars, Chrome Window trims, Lights at the front are also different.....the VTR car also does not have a electric tail gate (I saw the guy come back), it was also an Auto BTW. There was no Nav in the car and it had a short roof stick and yes, strangely the red shade was a slightly darker tone ?....The VTR also is missing the chrome door handles and colour matched mirrors, it has matte painted black window/door pillars not the gloss finish on the Exclusive.

The chrome trims on the tailgate on the car on the left are more then likely aftermarket as they aren't shown on the Citroen parts list.

As far as I'm aware led DRL's came out in 2010, prior to the rounded chevrons.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH