If it goes to court there....it will here soon !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: If it goes to court there....it will here soon !

Post by Northern_Mike »

Not cheaper to fuel. Not unless you can be arsed messing about with reclaimed veg. It's certainly not cheaper if you use fresh SVO.

Not really simpler to maintain. Lack of availability of parts, or having to wait for s/h ones to be removed and sent.

For anyone other than an enthusiast a Xantia is now a no go area for those two reasons alone. I could come up with more, but those are the main ones.

I'm guessing 95% of the Xantia isn't recyclable. Does the Prius pump the air full of filth? I imagine not as much as a diesel Xantia.

I suppose all the (independent ) studies that say hybrids, and especially the Prius aren't particularly environmentally unfriendly must be complete bollocks.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: If it goes to court there....it will here soon !

Post by qprdude »

I would doubt whether ANY of the raw materials came from Europe. The steel might have been pressed in France but ore certainly didn't, the plastic and rubber are more than likely from Asia and the copper for the electrics possibly from Africa.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.