Comfort spheres, not comfortable for some reason

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TAJ
My Cars:

Comfort spheres, not comfortable for some reason

Post by TAJ »

Hello guys. Need your advices on comfort spheres.
My C5, hydractive 3+, 2013 year model has had brand-new comfort spheres at each front and rear suspension elements. I purchased the comfort spheres with chassis number so I believe those spheres are correct ones for my C5. With the comfort spheres I expected softer suspension than the original but actually they have become bit stiffer than the original when my C5 passing over sharp edges / small gaps. Especially vibration and noise created by passing over dips has become much stronger and bigger. Overall ride of my C5 with comfort spheres has become not comfortable for some reason. When I push down rear bumper of my C5 with my arms the suspension is compressed a several centimeters with the comfort spheres (my body weight is 63 kg) whereas a few centimeters with the original spheres. So the suspension has become softer when it is parked and has become stiffer when it is passing over gaps on a road. This phenomenon occurs at both high and low speed, 100 km/h or less on a highway, 60 km/h or less on a country road (blacktop). Suspension mode was in Auto mode.
My memory of comfort spheres with Xantia was very comfortable, less vibration and softer suspension. I expected the same for my C5. Therefore I feel the current ride of my C5 with the comfort spheres are not they should be.
What can cause this? Or is this normal for the comfort spheres?
Please advise.